DC Metro weighs ending weekend overnight service

Shortline Bus

these cuts make NO SENSE!!!! Maryland needs to regionalize big time!!!

Remember, WMATA is more like a commuter rail than a subway system in the idea that its service area is large. Shady Grove is pretty far north of Washington. Similar to BART.

Remember, WMATA is more like a commuter rail than a subway system in the idea that its service area is large. Shady Grove is pretty far north of Washington. Similar to BART.

The problem is that it can't decide whether it wants to be commuter rail or a subway. It provides the "comfortable" seats of commuter rail and the dank stylings of subway systems.

First of all none of Maryland's MTA regional lines runs on Sundays.

Second "Southern Maryland' is the shore area which includes Ocean City, MD, etc.

Trainmaster I think you should stick to making suggestions closer to the NYC metro area.

what my maryland proposal does is add sunday service to some MTA commuter lines like 901,991 and 995 and some others BUT THE MTA COMMUTERS WILL NOT GO BEYOND SALISBURY!!! SHORE TRANSIT AND OCEAN CITY COASTAL HIGHWAY can merge into one with coastal highway being a numbered line with variants that replace several shore transit rtes. The southern maryland area I was referring to was ST MARY'S AND CHARLES AND CALVERT COUNTIES NOT THE OCEAN CITY REGION I did not speak my proposal so you cant judge it. PLUS 201 has sunday service!!

I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

Thank You. I was only suggesting bus service as an alternative for late night service in or nearby Downtown DC in regard to news story by the ABC-TV local station in Washington. Not way out in ST Mary's, Charles And Calvert Counties.

QJtrainmaster please feel free to create a new topic if you feel the need to suggest more bus service in Southern Maryland run by the Maryland MTA.

You keep finding the need to get over emotional.

the 201 runs to bwi airport, that makes it a bit diffrent from most of Maryland Transit's commuter routes.

It's also listed as being only about a month old.

The B30 bus also connects WMATA and Baltimore; running from Greenbelt to BWI.

Archived