Traffic enforcer says officer beat him bloody for parking summons

Trainspotter

Traffic enforcer says officer beat him bloody for parking summons

An irate off-duty cop went wild and attacked a traffic agent for giving his girlfriend a ticket, but police decided it wasn't a felony - and ended up handcuffing the agent.

"If the NYPD doesn't show respect to us, what will happen with regular civilians?" said Traffic Agent Eric Celemi.

Celemi, 29, says Officer Eladro Mata beat him bloody last month after he ticketed the double-parked car in the Bronx.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - May 16, 2008

Maybe the cop was in a bad mood because of his "low"salary. You see what happens when you lower the standards to become a member of the NYPD. Being a traffic enforcer and writing tickets all day has got to be one of the worst jobs,with being verbally abused being the least of their concerns.

Maybe the cop was in a bad mood because of his "low"salary. You see what happens when you lower the standards to become a member of the NYPD. Being a traffic enforcer and writing tickets all day has got to be one of the worst jobs,with being verbally abused being the least of their concerns.
SMH another one when will the NYPD get enough of bad plablicity this isn't good for the city this is why we bleed green backs from all the law suites filed against the city because of cops like him and other who I won't name WTF is wrong with these people I am utterly disgraced enough is enough already

Yea its bad that the cop beat the crap out of the meter maid, but they have a special kind of hell waiting for them. I think some would ticket their own grandmother if thy had the chance. I feel bad for him as a person, but as a meter maid... not really I man thy write tickets seconds aft et your meter runs out and they never give anyone the befit of the doubt.

The police officer was the one who should have been handcuffed, along with the Lieutenant. Why do you order a NYPD Traffic agent in uniform doing their job arrested. Even off duty cops have to abide by the law. He and his girl deserved the ticket, especially along Webster Ave. He bloodies an On-Duty Traffic Agent and isn't arrested. That's bull.........

Archived