The Cannonball

This thing was tough to photograph since it goes so fast. A few of my shots werent timed right and some were just too blurry but I got a few keepers. If I get a friday off in the summer im gunna go back and try to photo it with the Cannonball Drumheads on.

IMG_9978.JPG

The off-timed shot :P

IMG_9988.JPG

IMG_9990.JPG

Well, there's always the off-season "Cannonball" that runs Fridays only on the same schedule as the Cannonball except added stops at Hampton Bays/Amangasett. It also runs on Thursdays when the true Cannonball runs.

Well, there's always the off-season "Cannonball" that runs Fridays only on the same schedule as the Cannonball except added stops at Hampton Bays/Amangasett. It also runs on Thursdays when the true Cannonball runs.

that was the off season Cannonball that I got, the real one has the drumheads on the locomotives, and according to my timetable, this one that went thru Seaford and the other Babylon branch stations does stop at Hampton Bays and Amagansett.

that was the off season Cannonball that I got, the real one has the drumheads on the locomotives, and according to my timetable, this one that went thru Seaford and the other Babylon branch stations does stop at Hampton Bays and Amagansett.

With the title, I thought these were pictures from last year.

Very nice shots of LIRR 4:06 outta Hunterspoint Av.

By the way, Westhampton First Stop after Jammie for the Cannonball with the Drumheads...

4:06 outta LIC.

Nice photo's lilbluefoxie! :P Love the Cannonball (Y)

This is the off-season Cannonball. By the way does anyone know if the Thursday one has the drumheads or is it only the friday one?

Some trains do and some don't. I've seen it at Southampton station.

I live in Southampton and my mother is a frequent rider on that Cannonball. She told me that SOME riders don't like the fact that Hampton Bays is added onto the stops. It was always, Jamaica-Westhampton-Southampton and then local to Montauk.

The Thursday Cannonball begins around Memorial Day and ends after Labor Day. Friday is year-round.

Nice pictures!

It never served LIC, but came out of the yard, so technically it starts as an equipment deadhead out of LIC. In order to get there, it comes out of Richmond Hill (aka Jamaica Storage Yard/Sheridan) and runs via Lower Montauk as a deadhead to LIC before turning around to go east on the Main Line via HPA.

Archived