Question about R160B on the E and F

VIP

Why does the (F) train get assigned more R160B's than the (E)? is there really a difference between the A's and B's? because they are mixed together anyway.:confused:

its probably just whatever they have on hand especially since both are 24/7

I bet the cars are randomly assigned to the lines. It seems if as they are randomly switched between the (E) & (F). The Security cam set on its last days @ JY was on the (F) until being switched at CI.

I remember when they were on the (R), random sets were put on the (R) (but not assigned to the (R)).

none of these posts answer my question. according to the joe korner data sheet, the (F) gets assigned more R160B's than the (E). the (E) gets 20 and the (F) gets 140. seems like the same pattern with the (N) and (Q) lines. the (N) gets more R160B's :confused:

I don't see the big deal of an R-160A and R-160B Alstom.

The A is Alstom and the B is Kawasaki its a few different little things.Do the R-160B Kawasaki's accelerate faster than the Alstoms? Kawasaki cars seem to be a bit faster.

And the Alstom cars brake better.

And the Alstom cars brake better.

Thanks yea I know that b\c the Siemens lose some type of braking around 3 mph and they tend to slide.

Based on performance which one is better to operate?

R-160A Alstom?

R-160B Kawasaki(Onyx Propulsion) non 8843-9102?

Thanks yea I know that b\c the Siemens lose some type of braking around 3 mph and they tend to slide.

Based on performance which one is better to operate?

R-160A Alstom?

R-160B Kawasaki(Onyx Propulsion) non 8843-9102?

Even the dynamic brake is better, as well as the mini-brake position. I think the (E) would be the Kawasaki where the extra speed and lots of long stations (doesnt go outside to that notoriously short Culver plats). Even though its a tad slower (unless its drizzling), the Alstom can be operated more confidently and safely on the (F), as it will make all stations without too much trouble, and one can take late brakes to adhere to speed limits. The Alstom can get up as high too, just takes longer. I had a fast Kawasaki on the Brighton one day (obviously (Q)), and I didn't feel I could make Newkirk N/B cause I was already at 48 before going down the hill after Av H (so I took brake outside the station). I knew the Alstom would make it if I took it at the head.

Archived