Subway - What If?

VWM

Agreed.

NOW FOAMERS GET OUTCHA CAMERAS

(B) Re-routed Via Mountage, Broadway Express, 63rd St, QBL Express to Jamacia-179th St

(F) Re-Routed via CPW Local, and depending on the time, Concourse.

(Q) Re-Routed Via Mountage

Sorry, but I'm not in the mood for this anymore. I know it was funny before, but I think we've all gotten tired of "fowming".

BTW, it's "Montague" not "Mountage"...Interesting scrambling of the same letters :lol:.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush Hour: an M60 crashes into a support on the Astoria Line, leaving it unusable and as a precaution, trains cannot use Queensboro Plaza. Meanwhile, a terrorist threat in long island city means that the (E)(M)(G)(7) cannot use the respective stops south of queens plaza and north of the queens-brooklyn border. Reroute away.

Rush Hour: an M60 crashes into a support on the Astoria Line, leaving it unusable and as a precaution, trains cannot use Queensboro Plaza. Meanwhile, a terrorist threat in long island city means that the (E)(M)(G)(7) cannot use the respective stops south of queens plaza and north of the queens-brooklyn border. Reroute away.

(7) runs between 33rd Street and Flushing

(E) runs via 63rd Street and 6th Av. Trains on 8th Av terminate at 53rd/Lex

(M) runs to Broad Street. Any trains on 6th Av or Queens run via 63rd Street to their terminal and terminate

(G) runs to Nassau Av

(N)(Q) run between 59th/Lex and Coney Island

(R) runs via 63rd Street

Expect delays on (E)(F)(R) trains.

NEXT

Due to separate incidents, the West End from 9 Av to Coney Island is unusable, the Sea Beach from 8 Av to Coney Island is unusable, and the Brighton from Parkside Av to Coney Island is unusable. The switches at Prospect Park (B)(Q)(S) are usuable, and the Culver (F)(G) is also usuable.

(B)(Q) terminate at Prospect Park

(D) terminates at 9 Av

(N) terminates at 59 St (Brooklyn)

No, and I'm not sending the (B) or (D) down Culver because that would completely delay the (F)(M) as well. If those timings get off then it will cause delays on the (E)(R), which in turn would delay the (A)(C)(N)(Q).

(D) terminates at 9 Av

9 Av is unusable.

No, and I'm not sending the (B) or (D) down Culver because that would completely delay the (F)(M) as well. If those timings get off then it will cause delays on the (E)(R), which in turn would delay the (A)(C)(N)(Q).

Suit yourself man, I was just saying that the Culver was usuable.

(N) No service b/w 59 Street-Lexington Avenue & Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

(Q) No service b/w 57 St-7 Avenue & Queens.

(7) No service b/w Manhattan & 33 Street.

(E) 6 Ave Local - 63 Street.

(G) No service b/w Greenpoint Avenue & Queens.

(M) Via 63 Street.

(7) No service b/w Manhattan & 33 Street.

NEXT

Due to separate incidents, the West End from 9 Av to Coney Island is unusable, the Sea Beach from 8 Av to Coney Island is unusable, and the Brighton from Parkside Av to Coney Island is unusable. The switches at Prospect Park (B)(Q)(S) are usuable, and the Culver (F)(G) is also usuable.

(D) No service b/w 36 Street & Coney Island.

(N) No service b/w 59 Street & Coney Island.

There's something else there besides the (N)(Q)(R): the (D). You'll see it on the track map.

It's a mess over there so I might be missing something, but from what i see the (D) only shares track with the (N) and never the (Q)(R), however the (B) merges with the (Q)(R) to stop at DeKalb. It would cause small delays because of timing, but it's not impossible. And surely a few minutes of delays are better than forcing riders to make unnecessary transfers.

It's a mess over there so I might be missing something, but from what i see the (D) only shares track with the (N) and never the (Q)(R), however the (B) merges with the (Q)(R) to stop at DeKalb. It would cause small delays because of timing, but it's not impossible. And surely a few minutes of delays are better than forcing riders to make unnecessary transfers.

I don't see where the (B) has to merge with the (R)...But anyway, you're right that the (D)(N)(Q)(R) don't have to be on one track. I made a mistake...Still though, I think you'd have delays because the (D) merges with the (N)(R) almost instantly after the (Q) merges away. It's not that far away from sharing a track.

NEXT: The Montague St tunnel under the river is unusable. I know what you guys would like do do, but there's a catch.

As I would do it:

(G) and (M) service run to 71st-Continental at all times the (R) would normally be running during this interruption.

(R) runs Court Street-95th Street in Brooklyn ONLY.

Queens riders looking to go to (R) stations in Brooklyn should take the (G) to Hoyt-Schermerhorn and transfer to a Manhattan bound (A) or (C) train for one stop to Jay Street-Metrotech and take the (R) from there (with the reverse true for Brooklyn (R) riders looking for (R) stations in Queens.

(N) and (Q) both run local in Manhattan via regular route.

LIMITED Shuttle service operates Whitehall-Canal Street.

Riders at 59th Street-Lexington Avenue or 14th Street-Union Square or further south looking for Manhattan south of Canal Street are advised to take the (4) or (5) if possible, or transfer from the (6) (running at stations nearby Broadway line stations) at Brooklyn Bridge. For Brooklyn, riders should take the (4)/(5) to Borough Hall OR Atlantic Avenue and change to the (R) there.

Riders north of 14th Street looking for Manhattan south of Canal Street are advised to take the (F) or (M) trains to Essex-Delancey and change there for the (J) if possible OR take same trains to West 4th and take the (A) or (C) trains if possible. For Brooklyn, continue on the (A)/C to Jay Street-Metrotech (or at Fulton switch from the (J) to the (A)/C) and take the (R) from there.

Edited by Wallyhorse

From Page 15:

ALL river crossings are closed and trains cannot pass through. Try to provide service to as many stations as possible. (However, Roosevelt Island and Broad Channel will obviously be left without any service)

(A) Runs in two sections:

Between 207 St & Chambers St.

Between High Street & Lefferts Bl or Howard Beach.

(C) No service b/w Chambers St & High Street.

(E) No service b/w 23 St & Lex Ave-53 St.

(B) Suspended.

(D) No service b/w West 4 St & Atlantic Av.

(F) Runs in three sections:

Between Queens & 21 St.

Between 57 St & East Bway.

Between York St & Coney Island.

(M) No service b/w Myrtle Av-Bway & 71 Ave.

(N) No service b/w Atlantic Av & Queensboro Plaza.

(Q) No service b/w Court St & Canal St.

(R) Runs in three sections:

Between 95 St & Court St.

Between Whitehall St & Lex Av-59 St.

Between Queens Plaza & 71 Ave.

(G) Extended to 71 Ave.

(J)(Z) No service b/w Essex St & Marcy Ave.

(L) No service b/w 3 Ave & Bedford Ave.

Rockaway (S) B116 St to Mott Ave.

(1) No service b/w 215 St & The Bronx.

(2) No service b/w 149 St & Nevins St.

(3) No service b/w Wall St & Nevins St.

(4) Runs in two sections:

Between Woodlawn & 138 St.

Between 125 St & Bowling Green.

(5) No service b/w 138 St or 149 St & 125 St.

(6) No service b/w 3 Ave & 125 St.

(7) No service b/w Manhattan & Hunterspoint Ave.

As I would do it:

(G) and (M) service run to 71st-Continental at all times the (R) would normally be running during this interruption.

(R) runs Court Street-95th Street in Brooklyn ONLY.

Here's what I'd do:

(R) runs in two sections:

71 Av - Whitehall St

95 St - Court St

(4) runs local between 14 St-Union Square and Brooklyn Bridge to provide a transfer at Canal St

Your idea to suspend the majority of the (R) line isn't good because not only is there nowhere to put those unused trains, but you've also screwed up Manhattan and Queens riders needlessly.

Here's what I'd do:

(R) runs in two sections:

71 Av - Whitehall St

95 St - Court St

(4) runs local between 14 St-Union Square and Brooklyn Bridge to provide a transfer at Canal St

Your idea to suspend the majority of the (R) line isn't good because not only is there nowhere to put those unused trains, but you've also screwed up Manhattan and Queens riders needlessly.

There is absolutely no need to screw up the (4)(5)(6) line. The (4)(6) combined tph is well over 30, and any unnecessary switching delays the trains even more. Leave it running express and have riders transfer at Union Square, and for the few riders that board south of there and are getting off Downtown, they'll just have to deal with transferring to the (6) and then the (4)(5).

There is absolutely no need to screw up the (4)(5)(6) line. The (4)(6) combined tph is well over 30, and any unnecessary switching delays the trains even more. Leave it running express and have riders transfer at Union Square, and for the few riders that board south of there and are getting off Downtown, they'll just have to deal with transferring to the (6) and then the (4)(5).

Good point. I forgot how many TPH the (6) was.

NEXT: the switches between the 63 St tunnel and the Queens Blvd Express tracks are unusable. Rule: you can't cut any trains to only Brooklyn or Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan.