NYCTA Signals Package, version 2

Hello All,

Most of you have downloaded my signals package for Trainz, but what you may not have known (a fact that I also forgot) was that those signals were part of the beta package to hold over until the real goodies were finished. Well fellas, that time is now. I am happy to announce that my official NYCTA signals are completed and about ready for export into Trainz, and soon to be released.

These signals will be more realistic in several respects than the beta versions in the following ways:

1) The height of single-headed signals has been raised to 10 feet in total; 12 feet for home signals, 8 feet for the "stump" signals found on the els [i only did the one headed versions], and 5.5 feet for the dwarf/yard signals.

2) The lenses and lens covers are more realistic. The actual lens takes up the whole circle like in real life, and the hexagonal plates behind the lenses has also been added to enhance realism. Major thanks to Brighton Local for snapping a few good pics of a signal on the Culver Line to help me with this.

3) The utility boxes found below single and double headed signals has been added for more realism.

4) I have fixed config file errors with regards to the time and right-hand diverge home signals.

5) More realistic coronas, thanks to the BVE route developer's kit. (Yes, the copyright information will be included in the files to avoid any problems).

6) Wall-mounted and repeater signals have been added!

The last point has raised the signals count to around 30. I know some of you won't bother using time signals and such, but they are included. There are a few signals I've decided not to include in the package (2-2-1 homes, 2-3-1 homes, 9-lens homes, etc), because their use is rare and not really mandated as much as automatic and normal home signals. I am going to be using every signal possible on my NYCTA layout, so unless you guys want those rarely-used signals thrown into the package, they won't be released until the full NYCTA route is completed.

Mediafire download to come by the end of tomorrow night.

-A :cool:

Will these signals overwrite the last kuids?

No they won't, so it's best to delete all of the old signals upon release.

Could you include the rare signals even though there not used that much, like the 9 head Home which is only found at 180th street? And will the signal pack include Old style IRT Signals?

I'll have to model them, and see what combinations I can come up with once the signal books come in. Also, the 9-headed home isn't as rare as I made it seem--it's not just found at 180th, but most of the system. It's a 5-3-1 home--the top three lenses are G/Y/R, the next two can display a lunar white and an "S"/"20"/"D" for Grade or Station Time, and then the bottom heads run normally (G/Y/R, then call-on light). There are other combinations of lenses, but I cannot be sure if I can get them all--combining grade and station time within the same signal is a very tricky business. The old-style IRT signals will not be included in this initial release, but if I get significant enough demand, I will model them in a future release (sort of like BStyles' vintage kit)--that project, if it goes forward, will be set for a Christmas release.

Could you offer a picture comparison.

I'm stubborn when it comes to keeping old pics--I'll look for old ones, but for those of you that have my beta signals, you could compare to the pictures below. Note the hexagons, bigger lenses, utility boxes, and revised ladder. Small things I know, but I think they look better. The only reason I haven't released them yet is because I'm having an issue with the "S" and "20" showing up freakishly large in-game, so I'm tweaking the texture little-by-little--damn TGA files.

WallSig.jpg

Marker.jpg

Home2.jpg

Home1.jpg

1shotGT.jpg

Looks great! Definitely a step up from the BETA signals!

What a difference eight months makes right? Not to mention getting my hands on one or two good pictures and being way more dedicated than I was at the beginning.

Since Andres has kindly requested the rarer signals, I'll have to go through my books (they arrived this morning), and see what I can get out there. I know I said Mediafire link would be posted a few days ago (but like everything else in life), other things came up. I should be finished testing the signals out in the game soon (just a few slip ups on my end), and they should be ready!

Signals are ready for download:

Please note you NEED to download the read me file and read the license agreement at the bottom prior to download.

Repeater signals have not been included in this set yet due to some unforeseen difficulties. They'll be included in the add-on pack that'll contain more home signals and combined ST/GT signals as well.

NYCTA Signals V2

Read Me File

And some pictures for you guys:

Station Time (ST) Signal:

StationTime.jpg

1-shot GT:

1-shotGT.jpg

2-shot GT:

2-shotGT.jpg

Enjoy!

Archived