S90 Midday Using Gorgor's Schedule Creator

SIR North Shore

JxniW.png

SdAY4.png

-As you can see, both the S40 & S90 would have 30 minute midday headways which is more in line with the ridership and works better than current 20 minute headways. The current schedule requires six S40 buses throughout the day while my plan would only require 5 buses: three buses for the S40 & two for the S90.

-The S40 currently has an unrealistic run-time of 35 or 37 minutes when it really takes around 40 minutes which is crucial because every minute counts when you're making a ferry connection. Thus, the S40 buses are not reliable in any sense, in that you could have the same interval show up at very different times each weekday even though the schedule states otherwise.

-20 minute headways are highly inconvenient for any route that runs to/from St. George but I'm glad they corrected the north shore routes by this point with either 15 or 30 minute headways, leaving the S40 as the only one that remains the same. This plan would correct this major issue by allowing the S90 buses to make ideal connections with every ferry.

-Also, bus operators would have roughly 20-22 minutes of layover time middays at either Goethals or St. George before every other run, allowing the 5 bus plan to work rather flawlessly. *the S90 & S40 would be interlined

LINK

Comments?

I do like the idea of having the S90 run during middays, but I'm not sure it would save much time over the S40 since it is already a fast route down Richmond Terrace.

The S90 would probably save no more than 5 minutes which would be useful for passengers trying to make connections to the ferry. Other than that, I don't see it being much useful.

Another not so good effect is that people would be waiting longer at local stops since the S90 limited stops aren't very close to each other east of Park Av.

I think it'd be better if they just increased the frequencies to 1 bus every 15 minutes so that buses can adhere to the schedule better (since there aren't a whole lot of traffic lights along Richmond Terrace, and generally there isn't a lot of traffic, I assume delays come from passengers boarding)

I mean, I think the only place where the S90 really saves a lot of time are in the blocks between Jersey Street and St. George, since that's where you have a lot of passengers boarding and a lot of lights (e.g. the bus has to stop for a passenger and misses the light as a result). So basically, having a bus every 15 minutes (4 buses per hour) would be the same as in your plan, except that the local passengers wouldn't get screwed.

I do like the idea of having the S90 run during middays, but I'm not sure it would save much time over the S40 since it is already a fast route down Richmond Terrace.

The S90 would probably save no more than 5 minutes which would be useful for passengers trying to make connections to the ferry. Other than that, I don't see it being much useful.

Another not so good effect is that people would be waiting longer at local stops since the S90 limited stops aren't very close to each other east of Park Av.

that is their fault for being lazy sometimes local stops are expendable. However you have a point to an extent. I will however say LTD stops are more important in most cases I guess it reflects my impatient personality

Archived