Transit Museum Questions

+Young+

Hi~

a) I was at the Museum today for the Members' Reception and I noticed that IR 714 and the R17 6609 were not there. Did they take them out just to make room for the C-60 and the Derby Car? If so, are they at 207 Street Yard?

:P I heard from someone tonight that when they take out 100, 484 and 1575 for the Holiday (or Christmas) Nostalgia Train, they are going to put a set of R-46s in. True/False? (I was personally hoping for the R38s.)

c) Is there any reason in particular why the BU cars are the first or last set of cars on A2 Track? Does this mean that they will be used for a Fan Trip next summer?

These are all the questions I have for now...

when I was there I noticed the layout on the IRT side changed and the R17 isnt there, probably was to make room because that side is packed to the brim with vintage trains.

yea, teh R1-9 cars leave the museum from the last weekend in november til the last weekend in december for the holiday train specials. R46 probably not, last year it was the R40 set. We will probably know closer to thanksgiving.

who knows, personally I liked last years layout with the R17,R33,R15, and R12 up front and it wasnt packed so tightly that you couldn't get a photo.

Hi~

a) I was at the Museum today for the Members' Reception and I noticed that IR 714 and the R17 6609 were not there. Did they take them out just to make room for the C-60 and the Derby Car? If so, are they at 207 Street Yard?

B) I heard from someone tonight that when they take out 100, 484 and 1575 for the Holiday (or Christmas) Nostalgia Train, they are going to put a set of R-46s in. True/False? (I was personally hoping for the R38s.)

c) Is there any reason in particular why the BU cars are the first or last set of cars on A2 Track? Does this mean that they will be used for a Fan Trip next summer?

a) I think so.

B) Not R46s, but maybe a R32 pair (3350+3351), a R38 pair (4028+4029), a R40 pair (4280+4281), a R40A straight-end pair (4480+4481) or a R42 pair (4572+4573) will show up, though I think that the R40 may show up again.

c) I don't know.

Hi~

The IRT cars where moved into the whole to make room for the Derby Car

B) I heard from someone tonight that when they take out 100, 484 and 1575 for the Holiday (or Christmas) Nostalgia Train, they are going to put a set of R-46s in. True/False? (I was personally hoping for the R38s.)

The 2 Anines and that abortion will be removed in due time. As to what they are replaced with, that's at the discretion of who moves them. I doubt there will be an R46 set there because there are no R46s in the collection.

There is no plan for them to be used, that's just where they happen to be after 12 hours of drilling to fit the Derby back there.

Replies in red.

Archived