LIB painting more buses all blue or Far Rockaway Depot getting CNGs?...

RockParkH

I'm kinda confused right now, this morning when I was walking to the Q22 stop on B. 22 and Cornaga Ave. I saw an all blue CNG with white wheels turning onto B. 21 st. going to the Mott Terminal, at that point 3 things popped into my head.

1. The LIB is painting more buses all blue and taking off the chromes.

2. Far Rockaway Depot is getting CNGs. (I know this is not the one)

3. That bus was from College Point or something doing an LIB run or a Q22 run.

Which one is it?

Well as seven said, it's a loaner to LIB while LIB's buses are getting fixed up for the new company. As for FR getting a CNG facility, not worth it at all. CP's facility is going to be wasted when they become a mostly express bus depot. It seems like the MTA is scaling back on the CNG fleet. If anything the remaining CNG facilities should all be 100% CNG for their local fleet.

i was just by FR depot last night.(mom still lives in the near by PJs). Its not gettting CNG. They are currently converting it ti a "Green Depot" Half of the building is new. and LIB isnt the only one to have CNGs occasionally in Rockaway, ive seen Shuttle buses from SC, JG down there during GOs.

Well as seven said, it's a loaner to LIB while LIB's buses are getting fixed up for the new company. As for FR getting a CNG facility, not worth it at all. CP's facility is going to be wasted when they become a mostly express bus depot. It seems like the MTA is scaling back on the CNG fleet. If anything the remaining CNG facilities should all be 100% CNG for their local fleet.

Nah, College Point will remain a CNG depot, we aren't getting those C40LFs for nothing, you know

Archived