Bus time

NYCTSignals

It's been talked about recently here on the island and the latest report says that it is on schedule from what I've read, which would mean that it would start when the new year rolled in to be exact. FOX and a couple of other news outlets has mentioned this from what I recall. My guess for the delays is maybe they need newer buses to implement it, but I'm not sure, but now the newer buses are coming in. The Prevosts are being used in full force by Yukon (at least what has been delivered anyway). Saw several Prevosts deadheading back to Yukon today on the Gowanus (two back to back). However, I see that Ulmer Park still has their 43XXs so I don't know if anymore moves will be happening.

yea i saw a Ny1 snippette on it last week and they said this month...but theres nothing on the MTA's website....i think thats going to be a cool thing... i could see when the bus comes and leave my house accordingly...instead of getting to the stop 5 mins before and have to wait that it comes 5-10 mins late

yea i saw a Ny1 snippette on it last week and they said this month...but theres nothing on the MTA's website....i think thats going to be a cool thing... i could see when the bus comes and leave my house accordingly...instead of getting to the stop 5 mins before and have to wait that it comes 5-10 mins late

Not only that but it makes it difficult for buses to go MIA. I am itching to see this come out so I can see where in the hell those X10 buses are!! :mad:

Not only that but it makes it difficult for buses to go MIA. I am itching to see this come out so I can see where in the hell those X10 buses are!! :mad:

i think its an SI thing... i wonder if it happens on the other boros... i take the 61 regularly and its not unusual for the bus i take not to show up....especially if it rains or snows....the second theres a drop of percipition its either really late or it never shows !...........i also usually take the x1 on sat. nights and the past 4-5 weeks its either been really late and on 1 instant the 1030 did not show at all

If anything its MTA Bus out here that needs BusTime the most..

I don't think it's the issue with new buses; the bus time is basically just a whole bunch of fancy GPS equipment and a computer screen in the drivers area (based on what ive seen on the M34 anyway)..im sure they can install it in any old bus

the Chicago Transit Authority has a similar system already in place and running, so i guess you can expect the MTA bus time to look like this once they get their act together-

CTA | Bus Tracker

Archived