LIB reasoning for a sunday schedule

Marctalky1

S61 gets bogged down on Nicholls, 347, and Horseblock, anyone who lived in those areas know that those roads are not really good during Rush Hours or anytime really.

The S66 hasn't had a breakdown in months I believe, its the S71 (bus #1062 actually) that has been breaking down nearly everyday last month with the same problem.

William Floyd is also a bad alternative to use as it can get backed up and people even speed, I mean the bus time to cross that road is before Lunch time if you are trying to cross north of Montauk. Also William Floyd is also known for having alot of accidents.

I'm sorry I read your post wrong I thought you meant merge the S76 with the S60 and then merge the 7D/E.

I never said the S71 needed to be "streamlined", I said that the 7D/E should be combined into one route so that it could maybe be a more effective route then it is now.

I still think you don't fully understand what you are talking about, since I live/lived in the those areas and have taken the buses/ seen the buses you have mentioned or talked about, I think I would know alittle more about what I'm talking about. Now I'm not trying to bash you, I'm sure you may have some ideas that would make sense, but the ones you mention are kinda idiotic, I mean they seem to be taken out of that 2009 bus study which had some idiotic ideas.

What was in the 2009 study??? I never read a SCT bus study before they made one? Thanks for taking the time to understand what I am really saying.

However It's no surprise you know more than me about SCT cause err you live there and experience the lines everyday where All I do is use them when I visit the county for day trips and part-time work. Also you have a better understanding of the roads than I do so there is no surprise that you would find flaws faster than I could.

Also it's not cause you live there cause many ppl who live in suffolk know absolutely NOTHING about SCT I know cause at one time I tried to ask about transit directions instead I got a ride all the way to brooklyn from patchouge. When you get free rides that long you know the bus system sucks!!!!!!!!

Naturally it's easier for you to use the lines more than me cause in order for me to do the same I would need to use LIRR everyday to gain the daily routine.

Here is the trick I use to come up with routing alignments I watch car traffic to predict potential gaps in bus service then I try to modify area buses to mimick where those cars are coming from then I attach a major transfer point or LIRR station to create links to other modes to mimick the idea of SPEED. This allows the bus to appeal to new users cause it goes to where they are going traffic mitigation is my style.

The only reason why I proposed 7E/D to merge with 5A/76 was to act as a traffic mitigator when gas prices shoot up ppl will look to try this bus since ppl speed then the bus will drive at similar speeds with an HOV (if needed) the bus can do fine the catch to making it work is enhancing the frequency of S60 and 76 to every 40 mins each except rush hour when frequency doubles. My LI East proposal revolves around the highways and focuses on making transit almost as fast as driving. Thank you very much for your insight it was insightful. carry on.

S61 gets bogged down on Nicholls, 347, and Horseblock, anyone who lived in those areas know that those roads are not really good during Rush Hours or anytime really.

I mean the S71 (not the S61) gets bogged down on Nicholls, 347, and Horseblock, anyone who lived in those areas know that those roads are not really good during Rush Hours or anytime really.

I heard that the S71 is now running better under Suffolk Bus Corp though I DON'T know if it means that its running more on time or it hasn't broken down as much as it did during the final month that CBS operated it.

What was in the 2009 study??? I never read a SCT bus study before they made one? Thanks for taking the time to understand what I am really saying.

However It's no surprise you know more than me about SCT cause err you live there and experience the lines everyday where All I do is use them when I visit the county for day trips and part-time work. Also you have a better understanding of the roads than I do so there is no surprise that you would find flaws faster than I could.

Also it's not cause you live there cause many ppl who live in suffolk know absolutely NOTHING about SCT I know cause at one time I tried to ask about transit directions instead I got a ride all the way to brooklyn from patchouge. When you get free rides that long you know the bus system sucks!!!!!!!!

Naturally it's easier for you to use the lines more than me cause in order for me to do the same I would need to use LIRR everyday to gain the daily routine.

Here is the trick I use to come up with routing alignments I watch car traffic to predict potential gaps in bus service then I try to modify area buses to mimick where those cars are coming from then I attach a major transfer point or LIRR station to create links to other modes to mimick the idea of SPEED. This allows the bus to appeal to new users cause it goes to where they are going traffic mitigation is my style.

The only reason why I proposed 7E/D to merge with 5A/76 was to act as a traffic mitigator when gas prices shoot up ppl will look to try this bus since ppl speed then the bus will drive at similar speeds with an HOV (if needed) the bus can do fine the catch to making it work is enhancing the frequency of S60 and 76 to every 40 mins each except rush hour when frequency doubles. My LI East proposal revolves around the highways and focuses on making transit almost as fast as driving. Thank you very much for your insight it was insightful. carry on.

In 2009 SCT hired a company to due a study on the system, the company suggested many changes which dealt with cutting, and merging routes.

One of the suggestions was to cut the S76 and extend the S57 to Port Jefferson Via St. James RR and Stony Brook Village, another suggestion was to end the S58 at Smith Haven Mall and create a new route to follow the S58 routing to East Northport then an extension to Walt Whitman Mall. Another was to combine the 7D/E into one route, then extend it out to Riverhead, I understood the combining the routes, but I don't understand the reason to extend it out to Riverhead. I mean combine the routes and redo its timetable and then maybe it would be a better so maybe the S66 doesn't have to go down to Mastic Beach as often or at all.

The report also suggested a 5A extension to Shirley, But I see it as impractical. Sure it would be nice to have a one bus ride, but I feel that the only reason they suggested a extension was most likely to save the route, I mean I don't see many people from the Shirley area going to take the bus to the Port Jefferson area, also the only reason the 5A was extended to Port Jefferson was to give people along the route better service to the medical facilities in the area. (I still don't see how the S62 wasn't doing a good job) and from what I heard even that hasn't help the route.

Any mention of extensions on the 5A would just be to draw riders to a route that isn't fairing well. Now I know that there are people that depend on the route, and I don't like the idea of cutting routes, but to extend a route just to attract riders is a sad reason.

Also a mention back in 1989 the 7D/E was put up to elimination, only two lines that was proposed of elimination in 1989 are currently eliminated. Those are the 1C and 9A.

If you want to talk more maybe you should PM me, since what we are talking about isn't about the original topic, or you can start your own thread on the this matter. I don't care either way, I just think that we have taken over the thread about a topic that has no baring on the original topic.

Archived