LIB reasoning for a sunday schedule

Marctalky1

What Moron decided to put a sunday schedule for today? because of it I had to waste extra money getting home. That last n79 to plainview was at 6 25 from Mineola which is nuts. I finished my first day of job training in levittown of the N73 which had no bus service today. Just because offices were closed does't mean retail stores were open ETC.

That's what PinePower also said about Sunday service also.

NICE properly will operate Sunday service again on Jan 2nd also.

I would properly guess lots of people were waiting for Bx34 or Bx55 because of Sunday schedule and Bee-Line Bus #42 also b/c of Saturday schedule including BxM4C.

that area has people driving 2 blocks to get italian ices in the summer, its not an area that has a huge demand for bus service, except for the nurses that work in the hospital

what who is THAT LAZY?? 2 blocks that is literally a 5 min walk!!!!!! Only idiots waste gas on such a short trip!!!!!!!

However I'd have to agree with you on that post. Plainview isn't exactly screaming for bus service since even if ppl didn't drive the bus would only gain so many riders but NOT enough where it's efficient. The N79 even with an enhancement would only take 3 to 6 cars off the road on weekends and holidays at the most. Besides the only enhancement you can do to attract ridership is enhance RUSH HOUR service and that is it then truncate the trips at roosevelt field or reroute em through business parks at the nassau hub at AM and PM rush. The N78 needs to go to farmingdale business parks on 110 area where N95 used to go at least at rush hours. I saw the N95's schedule what killed it was BAD scheduling running it when ppl don't need it at off peak and not running it when it's needed at rush hours when it's needed the most. N94 was a bad experiment I admit there was NO demand whatsoever for it. I know I walked woodbury road.

Just be glad you had service, there was NO SERVICE at Suffolk Transit whatsoever. Oddly enough, Ocean Ride, which is even more pathetic than ST, was observed running a Saturday schedule.

Suffolk Transit will also NOT be running on Jan.2. Whoever runs ST must still think Blue Laws are still in effect.

Just be glad you had service, there was NO SERVICE at Suffolk Transit whatsoever. Oddly enough, Ocean Ride, which is even more pathetic than ST, was observed running a Saturday schedule.

Suffolk Transit will also NOT be running on Jan.2. Whoever runs ST must still think Blue Laws are still in effect.

Ocean Ride is literally the definition of PATHETIC NJT needs to eliminate ALL FUNDING for that blackhole disaster. They aren't even worth running EVEN A FOR PROFIT ADDED SERVICE to manchaster!!!!!!! An area served by OC2 is now served by frequent rush hour academy trips Ocean ride HAS NO EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ST = FAIL

Ocean Ride= this Epic fails ever

Nuff said

you really need to see the link pinepower to see how hard oceanride fails

Ohh have you even been to that area on a sunday? I have it's DEAD LITERALLY NOTHING THERE NOT EVEN TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! N79 runs like crap on sunday heck I am shocked it even runs on sunday!!!!!!! Last I was there I walked from LIRR I was a lone soul out there.

Here some example of people that use the N79 on sunday. Shoprite workers use it. (I worked there for 3.5 years and a lot of them use it) Hospital workers, Walt whitman mall employees and people who live in west bury/salisbury on OCR use it. The indian temple which was supposed to be closed down but people still go.

The 1025 from plainview on monday was half full and most got off at Hicksville RR. Doesn't that add up to the LIB making money on short trip.

As for you pinepower I agree SCT needs to run on sunday. I have only been on the S1 and people in huntington station use this bus a lot. Finally to conclude the only problem I have seen with the S1 is that a driver never took my n54 transfer which by the way I gave fighting up on after 3+ months of fighting.

Here some example of people that use the N79 on sunday. Shoprite workers use it. (I worked there for 3.5 years and a lot of them use it) Hospital workers, Walt whitman mall employees and people who live in west bury/salisbury on OCR use it. The indian temple which was supposed to be closed down but people still go.

The 1025 from plainview on monday was half full and most got off at Hicksville RR. Doesn't that add up to the LIB making money on short trip.

As for you pinepower I agree SCT needs to run on sunday. I have only been on the S1 and people in huntington station use this bus a lot. Finally to conclude the only problem I have seen with the S1 is that a driver never took my n54 transfer which by the way I gave fighting up on after 3+ months of fighting.

Interesting then it should be adjusted accordingly to ridership demand

Didn't Suffolk raise fares recently to provide Sunday Service or something?

I know that some of you won't like this answer, but if you live in Nassau and you don't have a car, you're screwed. Just wait for a year or 2 and Veolia gets entrenced in there. If you think it's bad now..............

Plus, there is an ecomomic issue. 12/26 was a paid holiday as per contract. Whoever works gets double time................just like any other holiday.

I know that some of you won't like this answer, but if you live in Nassau and you don't have a car, you're screwed. Just wait for a year or 2 and Veolia gets entrenced in there. If you think it's bad now..............

Whether we like it or not, you're right. Especially in a few years. If Veolia fails...we're through. May be time to move then!

They haven't raised fares yet; as far as I know it's still $1.50. And yes, there's no Sunday service except for on the summer-only S47 (Babylon-Robert Moses state park).

The S92 and 10C now cost $2 a ride year round. Sunday service on those routes run during the summer only. According to last summer's stats, it paid for itself except for paratransit.

What Moron decided to put a sunday schedule for today? because of it I had to waste extra money getting home. That last n79 to plainview was at 6 25 from Mineola which is nuts. I finished my first day of job training in levittown of the N73 which had no bus service today. Just because offices were closed does't mean retail stores were open ETC.

Actually all of NYCT/MTAB buses are on a modified holiday schedule this entire week up until Jan 2. So allow some extra time when traveling.

The S92 and 10C now cost $2 a ride year round. Sunday service on those routes run during the summer only. According to last summer's stats, it paid for itself except for paratransit.

When you say "paid for itself", do you mean that the fare hike for the whole year paid for service to run in the summer? Or do you mean that a summer's worth of additional fares paid for service to run in the summer?

In other words, say the Sunday service cost $100,000. Did the additional fares add up to $100,000 after one summer, or after 6 months?

If it was only after the summer, why didn't they continue the Sunday service? Did they think that ridership was lower outside the summer so it wouldn't cover the costs during the other seasons? Maybe a reduced Sunday schedule would help outside the summer.

I'm still shocked that those were the first two routes to get Sunday service. The S1 is the most frequent bus in Suffolk, and the S40 and S45 are also fairly frequent (for Suffolk), so you'd think they'd get it first. Maybe it's just politics.

When you say "paid for itself", do you mean that the fare hike for the whole year paid for service to run in the summer? Or do you mean that a summer's worth of additional fares paid for service to run in the summer?

In other words, say the Sunday service cost $100,000. Did the additional fares add up to $100,000 after one summer, or after 6 months?

If it was only after the summer, why didn't they continue the Sunday service? Did they think that ridership was lower outside the summer so it wouldn't cover the costs during the other seasons? Maybe a reduced Sunday schedule would help outside the summer.

I'm still shocked that those were the first two routes to get Sunday service. The S1 is the most frequent bus in Suffolk, and the S40 and S45 are also fairly frequent (for Suffolk), so you'd think they'd get it first. Maybe it's just politics.

The fare hike started 2 weeks before the Sunday service started, and the statement was issued a few weeks after it ended. So I would assume that two more weeks of fares than service balanced out. But they also said that having 3 paratransit vans on standby ran them in to the red by quite a bit and that taxis will be used next year to limit cost.

An original proposal to raise the fare to $2 countywide and start a Sunday pilot on more routes passed the legislature but was vetoed by Levy who stated that only routes with Sunday service should bear the higher fare. Some east end politicians decided to challenge that point with another measure that passed and was signed and led to the S92/10C pilot. S92 also had the highest Saturday ridership of all. There is no mention in the bill of year round or seasonal service.

An original proposal to raise the fare to $2 countywide and start a Sunday pilot on more routes passed the legislature but was vetoed by Levy who stated that only routes with Sunday service should bear the higher fare. Some east end politicians decided to challenge that point with another measure that passed and was signed and led to the S92/10C pilot. S92 also had the highest Saturday ridership of all. There is no mention in the bill of year round or seasonal service.

Maybe numerically the S92 had higher ridership, but the other 3 routes were probably cheaper to operate per passenger (because they're shorter than the S92).

And I guess it comes down to how many routes get Sunday service as to whether everybody should pay the $2. If it's only a few routes then it should just be the riders on those routes, but if it's say, half the routes then it should be everybody.

By the way, how do transfers work? Right now, you pay $1.75 if you want a transfer, so is the transfer good on the S92 or do you have to pay an extra $0.25? How about if you start on the S92? Do you have to pay $2.25?

Maybe numerically the S92 had higher ridership, but the other 3 routes were probably cheaper to operate per passenger (because they're shorter than the S92).

True.

By the way, how do transfers work? Right now, you pay $1.75 if you want a transfer, so is the transfer good on the S92 or do you have to pay an extra $0.25? How about if you start on the S92? Do you have to pay $2.25?

I don't know, SCT doesn't put much up on the website.

http://sct-bus.org/links/schedules/s92.pdf

SCT apparently put the old fare info on the schedule. Don't know if it's really rolled back for the off peak season or not, as there was no notice.

True.

I don't know, SCT doesn't put much up on the website.

http://sct-bus.org/links/schedules/s92.pdf

SCT apparently put the old fare info on the schedule. Don't know if it's really rolled back for the off peak season or not, as there was no notice.

The schedule is outdated they did not roll back the fare a bus op told me this a week ago. When I used S92

Archived