Charleston Bus Annex

Yukonbusdepot

If you mean equipment as in buses, I would have to agree. I thought Castleton was bad, but Charleston gets all of the garbage buses for the most part. lol

Lol Charleston's wheelchair lifts on the Orion 5s get stuck a lot. Of it's one thing I can say about Yukon and Castleton the wheelchair lifts on their high floors work.

Lol Charleston's wheelchair lifts on the Orion 5s get stuck a lot. Of it's one thing I can say about Yukon and Castleton the wheelchair lifts on their high floors work.

What confuses the heck out of me is if they've got the newest depot and equipment (I would think?) and space to fix the buses, so why the problems? My only guess is that they really get the worse of the worse that even the mechanics can't fix. lol

They don't have any "new" equipment, although they're getting Prevosts soon. I don't get it either, it's just like West Farms. Their buses are downright disgusting inside and out in terms of aesthetics.

They don't have any "new" equipment, although they're getting Prevosts soon. I don't get it either, it's just like West Farms. Their buses are downright disgusting inside and out in terms of aesthetics.

Well I know the 43XXs they have don't have the "new" smell, but they're new enough. Those are only a few years older than the 22XXs that Castleton just got, plus they got some of kinda "new" Next Generations... Are they getting any of the new local buses coming out?

Well I know the 43XXs they have don't have the "new" smell, but they're new enough. Those are only a few years older than the 22XXs that Castleton just got, plus they got some of kinda "new" Next Generations... Are they getting any of the new local buses coming out?

I'm there a week already and see the difference between Cast n Charlytown! The maintenance dept absolutely SUX!!! instead of fixing something as simple as a mirror control switch, They just take it out!!! As for the 4300's with the exception of the ones from UP and the NG's, they are in rough shape! Absolutely uncalled for and absolutely ridiculous for a NEW depot to have sh!tty buses!!! :mad:

As for the NEW Buses coming NOT EVEN A PREVOST! Like I've posted previously. Charleston Doesn't have the IVN system in the depot which Cast n Pukeon have. That system down loads all diagnostics on the buses to a computer in the Maint n Transportation GS offices. All buses from 2008 and newer have the clever device system onboard (the talking annoying lady that makes the announcements) It has something to do with the IVN system in the depot. Too much tech BS to get into detail with. It makes no sense why they would build a new state of the art depot without the state of the art ammenities!!!!

"although they're getting Prevosts soon", where did u hear that?

I'm there a week already and see the difference between Cast n Charlytown! The maintenance dept absolutely SUX!!! instead of fixing something as simple as a mirror control switch, They just take it out!!! As for the 4300's with the exception of the ones from UP and the NG's, they are in rough shape! Absolutely uncalled for and absolutely ridiculous for a NEW depot to have sh!tty buses!!! :mad:

As for the NEW Buses coming NOT EVEN A PREVOST! Like I've posted previously. Charleston Doesn't have the IVN system in the depot which Cast n Pukeon have. That system down loads all diagnostics on the buses to a computer in the Maint n Transportation GS offices. All buses from 2008 and newer have the clever device system onboard (the talking annoying lady that makes the announcements) It has something to do with the IVN system in the depot. Too much tech BS to get into detail with. It makes no sense why they would build a new state of the art depot without the state of the art ammenities!!!!

LMAO... So where are the maintenance guys from?? I thought everybody just transferred from different depots?? :confused:

Originally Posted by Via Garibaldi 8

LMAO... So where are the maintenance guys from?? I thought everybody just transferred from different depots??

Mechanics are from Cast n Yukon but remember that ALOT of BMB n BMA's were hired or transferred from other divisions. besides the mechanics only fix whats asked of them. No more! So if the maint is shotty, then look at the management staff in maint! I remember Cast being so bad that they cleaned house twice!! Now everything gets attention there. Charleytown (as I call it) seems that they just push it off for a later date. Unless the wheels are falling off or the brakes dont work, they're just not as aggressive as Cast n Now Yukon with maintaining equipment.

Originally Posted by Via Garibaldi 8

LMAO... So where are the maintenance guys from?? I thought everybody just transferred from different depots??

Mechanics are from Cast n Yukon but remember that ALOT of BMB n BMA's were hired or transferred from other divisions. besides the mechanics only fix whats asked of them. No more! So if the maint is shotty, then look at the management staff in maint! I remember Cast being so bad that they cleaned house twice!! Now everything gets attention there. Charleytown (as I call it) seems that they just push it off for a later date. Unless the wheels are falling off or the brakes dont work, they're just not as aggressive as Cast n Now Yukon with maintaining equipment.

Hmm... Well I guess somebody has to start cracking the whip. Of late one thing I've been noticing is that a few of the older MCIs have the strips loose that you see on the ceiling there or whatever they call them. They are starting to hang from the ceiling. I almost walked right into a few of them here recently w/my height on a few X10s. With the nails sticking out like that (albeit coming out from the ceiling), if they come fully loose, those nails could get someone good depending of it the bus is hitting bumps, etc. :eek: I remember this one bus had part of the section where the over head lights and air controls are... Half of it was hanging just dangling about. I took that bus a few times and it wasn't fixed. I imagine eventually they took it out of service and scrapped it or something, but had the other screws come loose that thing could've hit someone in the head. :eek:

Anything hits me, you better bet I am suing, because that is nothing but neglect and a danger to the passengers.

Archived