NICE! Service already deteriorating!

PinePower

The N22 is Overcrowded Roosevelt Field Mall and West. At his location in the YouTube Video, I rarely see crowding, just standing room only at the fullest. However I'd agree on making more LIRR trains stop at Westbury, but that's another story.

As for the flip flopping, I don't think he flip flopped, just change his opinion on stuff after Veolia started kinda improving, but really, most of Nassau Bus Riders did it in your case...

He definitely flip flops. First he always complained about LIB, then he shifted the blame to Nassau's funding, then he complained about Veolia taking over, then started praising LIB and MTA for having a great bus system, then Veolia took over and "NICE wasn't so bad", then came the "NICE screwing up already" videos. Knowing that these are the same buses that LIB had and that the Orion VII's broke down a lot, but some how having the same buses for 15 -30 days means it's all Veolia's fault.

We're just asking him to be practical. We're just tired of the nonsense. If you have issues with service, that's fine, but the sensationalistic youtube videos are pushing it. "Look at how crowded or overcrowded that bus is". Right, one standee, or all seats used is "over crowded". I just can't accept his definition, I've been on N6's with up to 60 people on board. "Seats 40 stands 45" or whatever it says? HA! I laugh.

It does seem like he goes out looking for missing runs as someone has asked before. Now, I don't use the bus as frequently as he does, but I haven't had any issues with NICE since they took over, and if a bus has been late its been about 4 mins late which is reasonable given all of the variable factors that play into running a bus service on time. Though, to be fair I have observed bunching while not using the bus, in which, at least one of the buses was most likely over 4 mins late.

He definitely flip flops. First he always complained about LIB, then he shifted the blame to Nassau's funding, then he complained about Veolia taking over, then started praising LIB and MTA for having a great bus system, then Veolia took over and "NICE wasn't so bad", then came the "NICE screwing up already" videos. Knowing that these are the same buses that LIB had and that the Orion VII's broke down a lot, but some how having the same buses for 15 -30 days means it's all Veolia's fault.

We're just asking him to be practical. We're just tired of the nonsense. If you have issues with service, that's fine, but the sensationalistic youtube videos are pushing it. "Look at how crowded or overcrowded that bus is". Right, one standee, or all seats used is "over crowded". I just can't accept his definition, I've been on N6's with up to 60 people on board. "Seats 40 stands 45" or whatever it says? HA! I laugh.

It does seem like he goes out looking for missing runs as someone has asked before. Now, I don't use the bus as frequently as he does, but I haven't had any issues with NICE since they took over, and if a bus has been late its been about 4 mins late which is reasonable given all of the variable factors that play into running a bus service on time. Though, to be fair I have observed bunching while not using the bus, in which, at least one of the buses was most likely over 4 mins late.

Speaking of bunching I saw 2 N22L's back to back this evening, along with a regular N22. No I didn't make a video. The fact is the corridor between Roosevelt Field and Hicksville is a busy segment of the route. New Cassel is a fairly poor area most people dont have cars and rely on the N22 bus. So in rush hours service every 10 minutes is definately needed, with 20-30 mins at other times. Once again I refer to overcrowded as standees from the front all the way to the back, making it difficult to board or alight passengers. And yes when there hasn't been a bus for over 30 minutes and there are alot of standees then yes thats a problem in my eyes. I know alot of the delays aren't Veolia's fault. I even point that out in some of my videos.

I certainly dont look for missing runs, and only document them when they affect my travel plans or I observe missing runs while waiting for another bus. Veolia did have alot of problems that week, but were able to straighten out the problems by the next week. They were given buses that weren't maintained that well and of course breakdowns will be inevitable. To their credit they've gotten more of the Orion V CNG's on the road than the MTA ever had. When the 1700s came in the MTA kinda left those poor buses to die.

I dont flip flop. I had good reason to be apprehensive about the change, especially because the County wasn't very forthcoming with details about the service until the last minute. Had they been more forthcoming, myself, and alot of us would have been more pleased.

No matter who runs the system it's always going to be Nassau's responsibility to provide enough funding, and I will always be critical of Mangano for not providing enough. But Veolia is doing more with the money they are getting than the MTA. Yes there will be changes, and there needs to be, many of these routes were designed over 30-40 years ago, some still carry-overs from the former private companies like Schenk,etc. Travel patterns have certainly changed, and changing the routes to more match Nassau resident's travel patterns will result in increased MAINSTREAM ridership which the system so badly needs.

Speaking of bunching I saw 2 N22L's back to back this evening, along with a regular N22. No I didn't make a video.

An observation video is fine, we don't mind viewing those. It's your unnecessary commentary that's the issue. For example, for the issue above you'd say: "Nice has screwed up again, 2 N22L's in a row! This is ridiculous, look at these poor people and day laborers waiting for the bus, and look how overcrowded the bus is now (even though there are 2 people standing). This would never happen in the city!"

The fact is the corridor between Roosevelt Field and Hicksville is a busy segment of the route. New Cassel is a fairly poor area most people dont have cars and rely on the N22 bus. So in rush hours service every 10 minutes is definately needed, with 20-30 mins at other times. Once again I refer to overcrowded as standees from the front all the way to the back, making it difficult to board or alight passengers. And yes when there hasn't been a bus for over 30 minutes and there are alot of standees then yes thats a problem in my eyes.

They may address that issue in this service plan, we shall see.

Rarely, if ever have I seen a video of yours which has standees from front to back. I see that with my own eyes every day on the N6, where there is actually a wall of standees from the front to back. In your videos, there could be 4 standees from front to back every 4 feet and you'd say that's overcrowded. I see buses where you can't see through the bus because there are so many passengers on board. It's all relative I guess.

I know alot of the delays aren't Veolia's fault. I even point that out in some of my videos.

I certainly dont look for missing runs, and only document them when they affect my travel plans or I observe missing runs while waiting for another bus. Veolia did have alot of problems that week, but were able to straighten out the problems by the next week. They were given buses that weren't maintained that well and of course breakdowns will be inevitable. To their credit they've gotten more of the Orion V CNG's on the road than the MTA ever had. When the 1700s came in the MTA kinda left those poor buses to die.

That's exactly one of the reasons why the MTA's budget was bloated. This is why Mangano is like "I'm not just going to give you more money because you say you need it"

I dont flip flop. I had good reason to be apprehensive about the change, especially because the County wasn't very forthcoming with details about the service until the last minute. Had they been more forthcoming, myself, and alot of us would have been more pleased.

No matter who runs the system it's always going to be Nassau's responsibility to provide enough funding, and I will always be critical of Mangano for not providing enough. But Veolia is doing more with the money they are getting than the MTA. Yes there will be changes, and there needs to be, many of these routes were designed over 30-40 years ago, some still carry-overs from the former private companies like Schenk,etc. Travel patterns have certainly changed, and changing the routes to more match Nassau resident's travel patterns will result in increased MAINSTREAM ridership which the system so badly needs.

Exactly, this is why Mangano thought it would be better for some other entity to run the system. (And there could be the Al Damato thing as well, I don't know). Though, you cannot just blame Mangano, the funding issue goes past the beginning of his administration.

I think NYCT Bus needs new eyes as well. We have bus routes over 70 years old running. Travel patterns have certainly changed since then.

An observation video is fine, we don't mind viewing those. It's your unnecessary commentary that's the issue. For example, for the issue above you'd say: "Nice has screwed up again, 2 N22L's in a row! This is ridiculous, look at these poor people and day laborers waiting for the bus, and look how overcrowded the bus is now (even though there are 2 people standing). This would never happen in the city!"

They may address that issue in this service plan, we shall see.

Rarely, if ever have I seen a video of yours which has standees from front to back. I see that with my own eyes every day on the N6, where there is actually a wall of standees from the front to back. In your videos, their could be 4 standees from front to back every 4 feet and you'd say that's overcrowded. I see buses where you can't see through the bus because there are so many passengers on board. It's all relative I guess.

That's exactly one of the reasons why the MTA's budget was bloated. This is why Mangano is like "I'm not just going to give you more money because you say you need it"

Exactly, this is why Mangano thought it would be better for some other entity to run the system. (And there could be the Al Damato thing as well, I don't know). Though, you cannot just blame Mangano, the funding issue goes past the beginning of his administration.

I think NYCT Bus needs new eyes as well. We have bus routes over 70 years old running. Travel patterns have certainly changed since then.

You sir are brilliant I salute you!!

Speaking of bunching I saw 2 N22L's back to back this evening, along with a regular N22. No I didn't make a video. The fact is the corridor between Roosevelt Field and Hicksville is a busy segment of the route. New Cassel is a fairly poor area most people dont have cars and rely on the N22 bus. So in rush hours service every 10 minutes is definately needed, with 20-30 mins at other times. Once again I refer to overcrowded as standees from the front all the way to the back, making it difficult to board or alight passengers. And yes when there hasn't been a bus for over 30 minutes and there are alot of standees then yes thats a problem in my eyes. I know alot of the delays aren't Veolia's fault. I even point that out in some of my videos.

That was what I was trying to say this whole TIME MAINSTREAM rodership that was what my NICE proposal was trying to get more of MAINSTREAM ridership. Nassau's travel patterns that was what influenced most of my ideas to begin with. ALL MY IDEAS ARE BASED ON ATTRACTING MAINSTREAM RIDERSHIP in LI and beyond.

Archived