NICE! Service already deteriorating!

PinePower

Pinepower I call him complain power Or RANTPOWER!!!!!!!! NICE seems to be NICE to me when I go out there but seriously pinepower you are NEVER NICE is there ever a time when you don't Bitch?

God I'm sick of the wordplay on NICE.....

Regardless, Lmfao @ this... I'm gonna have to borrow that term from ya; "RantPower".... that's all this f'n guy ever does, I swear....

I have to agree with PinePowerLI and his frustration, I actually disgreed with him on other things EXCEPT transit. He proved truthful points that I experienced as well. In fact Veolia's record is worse, MUCH MUCH MUCH WORSE than PinePowerLI's. Australia literally kicked em' out of the country because of their service.

See bro, that's just it... No one on here ever makes him out to be an all out liar (although he does exaggerate @ times).... His credibility about matters involving transit isn't what's in question... It's the repeating, and the re-wording, and the rally cries; the we have to stand up & fight, rah rah rah BS.... It's how (and how continuously) he relays the information he does.....

As far as Veolia goes.... I mean who on here had any real, genuine optimistic thoughts about NICE turning service around in Nassau County for the better?

It's like a kid putting 2 sets of 2 pennies on the teacher's desk & tellin him, this is 4 pennies.... 2 pairs of shoes, 4 individual shoes.... hold up the "peace" sign on each hand, 4 fingers.... Ok, junior, I get the point - go sit down.... Then after allll that, ask the teacher "why does 2+2 have to equal 4".... then starts askin him a bunch of "why's" after every response there afterwards.... at what point do you cease & desist & STFU already.....

Mind you, this was the same person on that 'Veolia's gonna screw us over' tip (which no one chastised him for)... then he starts up with that 'well let's give veolia a chance' tip, days before the last day of LIB.... Now it's:

- "NICE! Service already deteriorating!"

- "NICE! Doing what we do best..breakin down"

- "2 no shows! NICE!"

...and god knows how many videos he has floating around making the same general message (which is his right)....

In the grand scheme of things.... We on the forums know aint nothin here to be positive about, regarding Veolia/NICE.... but all you hear out of this man is N-E G-A T-I V-I T-Y

and I'm out.....

I have to agree with PinePowerLI and his frustration, I actually disgreed with him on other things EXCEPT transit. He proved truthful points that I experienced as well. In fact Veolia's record is worse, MUCH MUCH MUCH WORSE than PinePowerLI's. Australia literally kicked em' out of the country because of their service.

First of all, this service sounds (and looks, because I've rode it once every week, specifically on a weekday) WORSE than any suburbs around us, even Westchester, Rockland and Suffolk, not to mention the MTA (which was the previous operator of Nassau's Bus System). Second of all, the B/O calling 911 could be true because this is typical for a Suburban bus system, and I also heard that third-party Mexicans/Latinos workers are wrapping the busses from numerous sources. Third of all, I'd be complaining the same way, a bus shouldn't be missing for so long, if it is missing, I'd be having a problem as well... I'm not waiting for a bus for more than 30 mins on a cold rainy winter day/night in a suburban area...

Well, I definitely would be pissed if a bus went missing an I had to wait 20-30 minutes for another one.

As far as being worse than the systems you mentioned, I'd say Westchester's system is better, but I don't think you could say SCT or TOR are better than Nassau. The buses might be less crowded, but you're still dealing with a lot of routes with headways of an hour or more, whereas there are more areas of Nassau where the service runs at a decent frequency.

Now I'd love to s---kick the person who messed with the N31/32 after 2:30 PM. At least with the (MTA) the headways were a uniform 20 minutes starting at 2:32 PM (so the next was 2:52, 3:12 PM, 3:32, etc.), and if you missed that 3:32 PM the N31 came up only 15 minutes after. Now, it's 3:10 PM for one N32 and the next one doesn't come until 3:40. And sure, the N31 now only starts at 3:50 PM instead of 3:47, but what sense does it make when the N32 runs on longer headways until later? The only credit I'll give these guys is that they drive faster, and this is more noticeable with the Orion Vs.

Well, I definitely would be pissed if a bus went missing an I had to wait 20-30 minutes for another one.

As far as being worse than the systems you mentioned, I'd say Westchester's system is better, but I don't think you could say SCT or TOR are better than Nassau. The buses might be less crowded, but you're still dealing with a lot of routes with headways of an hour or more, whereas there are more areas of Nassau where the service runs at a decent frequency.

True but SCT has CRUSHED buses sometimes on several routes that run HOURLY and some lines flag ppl!!!!!!!!!!

TOR with them if you miss a bus you can walk to another one or take another line. Like If I missed a 92 to spring valley no sweat I can simply take rockland coaches 20 to TOR 59 mins later the reason why TOR lines some operate the way they do is due to supplementing with rockland coaches at many times. Rockland's bus system is better than it appears and what ppl make it out to be.

@B35 via Church: Just take a whole day worth of trip on NICE, then your post would be 80% toned down.

As a former NYCTF'er would say.... Nope.

You say that as if I'm some someone that's never taken buses out in Nassau County back when LIB was present...

Again, I aint sayin his frustrations aren't justified... I'm saying the shear frequency of them are....

Rantpower here is notorious for the doom & gloom commentary in his threads/posts... If there was anything positive that were to come from any change regarding service on NICE, you'd hardly hear a mention from him out of it.... And I guarantee you he wouldn't go on & on about it, as much as he does any negative change regarding service on NICE.....

That's the one thing I'll give props to Amtrak7 on... he'll post up reports/links on changes, regardless if the changes therein are cuts or additions.... The one thing you will see out of NYC folks on this forum (bus or subway section) is that we will continue to talk about positive changes within the system; even go on as to how to make other services better.....

Furthermore, I'm not stepping foot on a NICE bus....

If the same problems are ongoing out there in Nassau county, why in all the hell would I have to take a whole day's trip out there.... It would be 100% counter-productive.

Service has gone worse, that's why you shouldn't be bashing PinePower and other folks who are saying that Nassau Service has gone worse. Keep in mind Veolia has a negative record.

....and the guy sounds like a broken record when he comes on the forums.

It's not just about his commentary about NICE (while it is included)....

Like I said before, the validity of his claims are not in doubt.

No one's giving Veolia any pats on the back here, that's for sure.....

Well still, let's keep it friendly and discuss Veolia NICE instead of bashing one another regardless of their history, just sayin' ya know :P!
wouldn't know a few days ago on the 28th the N36 was very NICE and on-time the N15 was good too looks like all these problems are isolated to routes that go to and from jamacia. Cause I haven't experienced these problems on intra county lines other than N27. N19 was nicely on-time as well. Rantpower overblows this and there are loopholes around those crappy routes.

Now I'd love to s---kick the person who messed with the N31/32 after 2:30 PM. At least with the (MTA) the headways were a uniform 20 minutes starting at 2:32 PM (so the next was 2:52, 3:12 PM, 3:32, etc.), and if you missed that 3:32 PM the N31 came up only 15 minutes after. Now, it's 3:10 PM for one N32 and the next one doesn't come until 3:40. And sure, the N31 now only starts at 3:50 PM instead of 3:47, but what sense does it make when the N32 runs on longer headways until later? The only credit I'll give these guys is that they drive faster, and this is more noticeable with the Orion Vs.

How loaded have the N32's been since they reduced headways to 30 mins? I used to take the N32 to From Lynbrook to Hempstead sometimes and it was rare for it to be SRO for that segment. How loaded are the N31's? Is there more passenger exchange during their solo segments because the headways have increased?

True but SCT has CRUSHED buses sometimes on several routes that run HOURLY and some lines flag ppl!!!!!!!!!!

No one should be flagged on buses with hourly headways They should try their best to fit everyone on, that's ridiculous! I've looked at ST schedules, the routes don't seem like they're scheduled to connect either. Is that true? I didn't thoroughly check all of the routes.

TOR with them if you miss a bus you can walk to another one or take another line. Like If I missed a 92 to spring valley no sweat I can simply take rockland coaches 20 to TOR 59 mins later the reason why TOR lines some operate the way they do is due to supplementing with rockland coaches at many times. Rockland's bus system is better than it appears and what ppl make it out to be.

Is the fare the same on TOR and Rockland coaches? I'm not familiar with Rockland buses. What are their headways like?

wouldn't know a few days ago on the 28th the N36 was very NICE and on-time the N15 was good too looks like all these problems are isolated to routes that go to and from jamacia. Cause I haven't experienced these problems on intra county lines other than N27. N19 was nicely on-time as well. Rantpower overblows this and there are loopholes around those crappy routes.

Of the few times I've ridden NICE buses and checked the schedule before hand, they have come on time. I rode the N4 the other day and the bus came as I was looking up the schedule on my phone so I didn't bother to see if it was on time or not.

How loaded have the N32's been since they reduced headways to 30 mins? I used to take the N32 to From Lynbrook to Hempstead sometimes and it was rare for it to be SRO for that segment. How loaded are the N31's? Is there more passenger exchange during their solo segments because the headways have increased?

They've always been 30 minutes (11:12 AM, 11:42 AM, et cetera). It's gone to crap since New Year's Day. At least if people are waiting at Lynbrook there are always short run N31s coming up while people at Hempstead have to wait for an N32; the 3:10 PM 32 arrived 30 minutes late and what was supposed to be the 3:40 PM N32 finally passed by in Malverne...

I miss the old schedule - after 2:12, the headways went down to 20 minutes (2:32, 2:52, 3:12, 3:32) and after that 3:32 PM bus, the N31s started running at 3:47. I'd love some of the crack they smoked that made them change it.

No one should be flagged on buses with hourly headways They should try their best to fit everyone on, that's ridiculous! I've looked at ST schedules, the routes don't seem like they're scheduled to connect either. Is that true? I didn't thoroughly check all of the routes.

Yes their buses are CRUSHED BADLY!!!!!!!!! At rush hour I was in complete shock. However the buses are timed to connect with each other and even the LIRR as well some at the minute to meet the LIRR. Sometimes they miss LIRR connections and 55 potential passengers gone due to the missed link. SCT is BAD I felt sorry for a girl without a car so I emailed her a bus map and schedules. You know a system is bad when everybody offers you rides and at one time this nice brooklyn couple drove me from patchouge all the way non stop within walking distance of my house in brooklyn!!!!!!!

Is the fare the same on TOR and Rockland coaches? I'm not familiar with Rockland buses. What are their headways like?

Yes for local fare sometimes rockland coaches is cheaper at a fare of $1.80 the real reason why I suggested a rush hour only route run full time and absorb part of a TOR route to take those passengers in another thread I helped a person from Princeton,NJ plan a transit trip to rockland county she was shocked how easy it was. The headways when you merge all your options are quite good except in clarkstown thanks to the minitrans which has hourly headways that is the dead zone in rockland's transit network the buses rockland coaches time well with trains many corridors have uniform service from multiple lines like rte 45 has very frequent service but 91 takes a shitty routing. rte 59 and 304 have good service 9W has good service to an extent many ppl in rockland don't even realize how close they really are to bus service.

Of the few times I've ridden NICE buses and checked the schedule before hand, they have come on time. I rode the N4 the other day and the bus came as I was looking up the schedule on my phone so I didn't bother to see if it was on time or not.

My experiences so far with NICE were so far so NICE. I think it's time I actually have a talk with veolia

Replies in red

Scroll down to controversies: Veolia Transport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also this accident is possibly caused by Veolia's management issues:

2008 Chatsworth train collision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, their service and maintenance is horrible in many transit places around the globe, as well as nearby Monmouth Co. and their service record in Melbourne, AU.

LMAO!!!!!!

If a McDonalds halfway around the the world gets a health violation is the McDonalds in NY dirty?

The CEO and COO of NICE each have as many years in the transit business as the MTA had run LIB... Many have been against Veolia since they heard they put the bid in? Why? Who are the people bashing NICE? Do they have 30+ years each running transit systems?!? PLEASE! Theory is great but I will wait and see what the EXPERIENCE NICE has to offer before I listen to or join the nay sayers who look for any reason to bash NICE!

How many years experience running transit systems do the nay sayers on here have? Just curious...

(Too bad the strike is over. I want Veolia out of Nassau and into the ocean.

Jeez, such hatred. What did Veolia do to you personally?

(Too bad the strike is over. I want Veolia out of Nassau and into the ocean.

What does a strike in York Region being over or not have anything to do with Veolia being in Nassau County or not?

To me, it's ridiculous to be flagged if the route's headways are more than 10 minutes.

If you think about it, if the route runs every 10 minutes and 1 bus flags you, you're waiting 20 minutes for a bus, which is really the maximum amount of extra time that somebody should have to build into their commute IMO.

1) Yes their buses are CRUSHED BADLY!!!!!!!!! At rush hour I was in complete shock. However the buses are timed to connect with each other and even the LIRR as well some at the minute to meet the LIRR. Sometimes they miss LIRR connections and 55 potential passengers gone due to the missed link. SCT is BAD I felt sorry for a girl without a car so I emailed her a bus map and schedules. You know a system is bad when everybody offers you rides and at one time this nice brooklyn couple drove me from patchouge all the way non stop within walking distance of my house in brooklyn!!!!!!!

2) Yes for local fare sometimes rockland coaches is cheaper at a fare of $1.80 the real reason why I suggested a rush hour only route run full time and absorb part of a TOR route to take those passengers in another thread I helped a person from Princeton,NJ plan a transit trip to rockland county she was shocked how easy it was. The headways when you merge all your options are quite good except in clarkstown thanks to the minitrans which has hourly headways that is the dead zone in rockland's transit network the buses rockland coaches time well with trains many corridors have uniform service from multiple lines like rte 45 has very frequent service but 91 takes a shitty routing. rte 59 and 304 have good service 9W has good service to an extent many ppl in rockland don't even realize how close they really are to bus service.

1) The thing is that there's nothing those passengers can really do. I mean, what are they supposed to do? Chances are they don't have a car available to make the trip.

I mean, there are times when people missed their ferry (on SI) because the bus ran late, and yet for the most part, those same people will continue to take the ferry because they don't have alternatives. Yeah, some may switch to the express bus and/or drive to the ferry, but most of them will have to deal with it.

I'm not saying it's right for the people to have to deal with it (having been in that position myself), but I'm just saying they likely won't switch.

So which routes get crowded to the point where people risk being flagged? And in what sections?

2) How "frequent" is the service along Routes 9W, 59, and 304? I know offhand the #59 (which runs along Route 59) runs every 30 minutes, but does Rockland Coaches offer service along that corridor as well? How about the other 2 corridors?

Veolia's routes in York Region were on strike for 3 MONTHS. (Too bad the strike is over. I want Veolia out of Nassau and into the ocean.

So you want no service at all rather than some service? I think 100,000 riders would beg to differ.

Veolia has a negative record? In terms of....? Is this your opinion or do you have the record to prove this?

I posted copy from official booklet from Long Island Jobs with Justice.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f90/privatization-nassau-county-bus-dangerous-operation-pt-1-veolia-transportation-32009.html

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f90/privatization-nassau-county-bus-dangerous-operation-pt-2-first-transit-32010.html

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/f90/privatization-nassau-county-bus-dangerous-operation-pt-3-mv-transportation-32011.html

All these companies have negative records that want to operate Nassau County buses.

They've always been 30 minutes (11:12 AM, 11:42 AM, et cetera). It's gone to crap since New Year's Day. At least if people are waiting at Lynbrook there are always short run N31s coming up while people at Hempstead have to wait for an N32; the 3:10 PM 32 arrived 30 minutes late and what was supposed to be the 3:40 PM N32 finally passed by in Malverne...

I miss the old schedule - after 2:12, the headways went down to 20 minutes (2:32, 2:52, 3:12, 3:32) and after that 3:32 PM bus, the N31s started running at 3:47. I'd love some of the crack they smoked that made them change it.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of the 20 min headways during rush hour because that's when I usually used it.

Yes their buses are CRUSHED BADLY!!!!!!!!! At rush hour I was in complete shock. However the buses are timed to connect with each other and even the LIRR as well some at the minute to meet the LIRR. Sometimes they miss LIRR connections and 55 potential passengers gone due to the missed link. SCT is BAD I felt sorry for a girl without a car so I emailed her a bus map and schedules. You know a system is bad when everybody offers you rides and at one time this nice brooklyn couple drove me from patchouge all the way non stop within walking distance of my house in brooklyn!!!!!!!

Ahh ok So they connect if they share terminals, what about routes that cross other routes? Nice that you got that ride to Brooklyn! I guess they were going there already?

Jeez, such hatred. What did Veolia do to you personally?

What does a strike in York Region being over or not have anything to do with Veolia being in Nassau County or not?

Yeah there seems to be such hatred for Veolia and Mangano, the buses are running, they're getting people around, they use Metrocard, etc. Their issues in other regions are separate as they are run by other people technically. LIke the McDonalds reference someone else used.

Doesn't the MTA have negative records as well? I mean, some people hate the MTA, buses bunch, some buses come late, some trains have issues, weekend G.O's, LIB had issues a well. The Pokey awards show how slow NYC buses are, etc. I mean you can say any transit system has "records" or "issues". When the fares go up in January as they're scheduled to, people are going to be saying a lot.

To me, it's ridiculous to be flagged if the route's headways are more than 10 minutes.

If you think about it, if the route runs every 10 minutes and 1 bus flags you, you're waiting 20 minutes for a bus, which is really the maximum amount of extra time that somebody should have to build into their commute IMO.

1) The thing is that there's nothing those passengers can really do. I mean, what are they supposed to do? Chances are they don't have a car available to make the trip.

I mean, there are times when people missed their ferry (on SI) because the bus ran late, and yet for the most part, those same people will continue to take the ferry because they don't have alternatives. Yeah, some may switch to the express bus and/or drive to the ferry, but most of them will have to deal with it.

I'm not saying it's right for the people to have to deal with it (having been in that position myself), but I'm just saying they likely won't switch.

So which routes get crowded to the point where people risk being flagged? And in what sections?

2) How "frequent" is the service along Routes 9W, 59, and 304? I know offhand the #59 (which runs along Route 59) runs every 30 minutes, but does Rockland Coaches offer service along that corridor as well? How about the other 2 corridors?

So you want no service at all rather than some service? I think 100,000 riders would beg to differ.

Quite frequent at rush hour you may not even need a schedule. For a short stint rockland 20 uses rte 59 between nanuet mall and palisades. Also 9W has very frequent 91 service and the rockland coaches 9 on some parts direct to new city. Rte 304 has the benefit of the 95 and 94 alternating on it. You miss the 94 use 95 to 59 instead it's very easy in rockland.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of the 20 min headways during rush hour because that's when I usually used it.

Ahh ok So they connect if they share terminals, what about routes that cross other routes? Nice that you got that ride to Brooklyn! I guess they were going there already?Yes they were they offered when they heard me bragging about walking to the LIRR. Yes they do on some routes that is however some not so much I wouldn't know that much cause I mostly transfer between bus routes and the LIRR.

Yeah there seems to be such hatred for Veolia and Mangano, the buses are running, they're getting people around, they use Metrocard, etc. Their issues in other regions are separate as they are run by other people technically. LIke the McDonalds reference someone else used.

Doesn't the MTA have negative records as well? I mean, some people hate the MTA, buses bunch, some buses come late, some trains have issues, weekend G.O's, LIB had issues a well. The Pokey awards show how slow NYC buses are, etc. I mean you can say any transit system has "records" or "issues". When the fares go up in January as they're scheduled to, people are going to be saying a lot.

Replies in red Rantpower needs to understand that no system is perfect.

Archived