NICE! Service already deteriorating!

PinePower

Runs are already going missing at N.I.C.E.

4:30pm n35 to Baldwin Harbor never came, saw OOS Orion V pass down Post ave, next one at 5pm already crowded as it runs down Post (N.I.C.E. cut n35 service which used to be every 20 min to every 30 min..BIG MISTAKE).

4:48pm n22L (arrives Westbury 5:02pm) never showed up either, regular n22 at 5:15pm on time but no seats. Saw n22 eastbound jam packed, wall of people in that 1800, previous bus probably didn't show either. Not even a month and things are already BREAKIN' DOWN!

NICE!:mad:

(it will be interesting to see Veolia's response to this complaint!)

Do you go out looking for runs to be missing.....

No, I was going to take the 4:30pm n35 to RF and then the n27 to Glen Cove at 5pm. But wound up taking the 5:16pm n22 toward RF and the 5:30pm n27 instead. You think it's OK for people to be standing outside another half hour in the freezing cold and rain?

Just to add I've been hearing more disturbing things from a b/o I know, there's many breakdowns everyday, constant tow jobs. Even the 1800s are breaking down, such as one that died on a one way street in Jamaica and another that died before getting out of the depot. Another one broke down in Glen Cove and spilled antifreeze, which Veolia could not clean up because the mechanic didn't have "speedy dry".

And that isn't even all of it...one new driver who broke down called 911 which called a private tow and billed Veolia almost $500.

All I can say is we need HELP, but I know we're being left for dead out here and no one gives a damn...:(

Just to add I've been hearing more disturbing things from a b/o I know, there's many breakdowns everyday, constant tow jobs. Even the 1800s are breaking down, such as one that died on a one way street in Jamaica and another that died before getting out of the depot.

Sounds like the same ol' crap that occurred during the LIB days. Seems like nothing really changed.

But I have noticed a lot more screw-ups with maintenance these days...specifically with the higher 1600s and the 1700s....never had I seen a higher 1600 (1633-1699) leak in rain water like that...

All I can say is we need HELP, but I know we're being left for dead out here and no one gives a damn...

No, I was going to take the 4:30pm n35 to RF and then the n27 to Glen Cove at 5pm. But wound up taking the 5:16pm n22 toward RF and the 5:30pm n27 instead. You think it's OK for people to be standing outside another half hour in the freezing cold and rain?

- for other "people", no.... but that's besides the point...

- for YOU however, outside of you coming here continually using this forum as a place to vent out your million & one frustrations in life, personally I couldn't give a damn...

Nassau county needs help, Nassau county needs help... It's the same broken record with you...

Y'all the victims & nobody cares.....

Like folks on here don't & haven't realized how f***ed up things are out there w/ bus service....

- for other "people", no.... but that's besides the point...

- for YOU however, outside of you coming here continually using this forum as a place to vent out your million & one frustrations in life, personally I couldn't give a damn...

Nassau county needs help, Nassau county needs help... It's the same broken record with you...

Y'all the victims & nobody cares.....

Like folks on here don't & haven't realized how f***ed up things are out there w/ bus service....

LMAO... Gotta laugh at that one... No more NYC tax dollars to mouch off of. lol

BTW this is the response I am sharing with you. They do respond quickly, but why are they blaming the bus operators for missing buses?

I am writing regarding your letter, all drivers are instructed to follow the schedule. I will forward a copy of your letter to the correct department so that they can look into the N35 and N22l line to make sure this doesnt happen again.

Please accept our apologies for your experience with us that day.

Thank you for letting us know about this situation so that we have the opportunity to improve in the future.

LMAO... Gotta laugh at that one... No more NYC tax dollars to mouch off of. lol

I'll have to say this again. The MTA is a state agency. The MTA gets plenty of money that was collected from Nassau County, its residents, and businesses. Much much more than what the MTA was asking for running LIB. Mooching? Hardly.

Not NICE indeed.

On Friday evening, I started my journey home by hopping on the Q44 near New York Hospital Queens at about 6:20 pm. I arrived in Jamaica about 7:00 pm, and headed straight for the 165th Street Terminal, looking to connect to the N22. Little did I know, however, that I ended up waiting about 40 minutes before I finally caught an N22A - which amounts to about 3 or 4 missed runs. I saw many city buses as well as N1, N6, and N24 runs, but no N22 or N22A runs - there was even an N6 bus that pulled into a spot normally reserved for the N22/A. During this time, I even wondered whether or not I would lose my free transfer. Finally, I saw an N22A pull in and let out a sigh of relief - and thankfully, my free transfer worked. During the ride, a huge crowd of people boarded at the 169th Street Station, and a large number of them complained - one particular rider (a woman of South Asian origin) even encouraged everyone else to complain about this problem. Eventually, my bus was filled to the point of standing room only. After I got off, I saw another N22A almost immediately behind the one I took, and that bus was almost empty. According to conversations I overheard while at the Jamaica terminal, the first N22A (the one I took, a 1700-series bus) was on time, while the second N22A (the one behind the first one, a 1500-series bus was the one running late.

Next time I'll probably opt for the Q46 to get home instead - if I had done that during the above mentioned trip, I would have gotten back home about 40 minutes earlier than I actually did (~7:40 pm instead of ~8:20 pm).

Do you go out looking for runs to be missing.....

Why are we so aversive to reasonable complaints? While I would say that NICE is better than LI Bus, it still is nowhere as good as some other systems with similar headways and size.

The only problem I have with NICE (its not really their fault) is when there is traffic at NCC and I'm cutting it close to take the 79. If I miss it and its good weather I sometimes take the 78 to the and walk for 15 20 mins. Hint of advise the driver with 4301 run box won't help you on getting their faster. I believe there are only two drivers on the 43 during the day.

Why are we so aversive to reasonable complaints? While I would say that NICE is better than LI Bus, it still is nowhere as good as some other systems with similar headways and size.

The problem is that he has a beef with the particular user who started this thread, so he likes to insult that person at just about every turn.

Says the guy who actually thinks qjgibberishmaster's ideas are viable, and is unaware of Mr. Pine's history of butthurt because his bus was four seconds late and is full of minorities.

And that isn't even all of it...one new driver who broke down called 911 which called a private tow and billed Veolia almost $500.

All I can say is we need HELP, but I know we're being left for dead out here and no one gives a damn...:P

I could be wrong, but that doesn't even sound factual.....

When you are that passionate about something, you should take a stand and try to change things rather than preaching to the people about it. That isn't going to do anything other than become annoying, and when it gets to that point even the people who WOULD HAVE tried to help are annoyed and start to not care.

How can you say a service that has been operational for 27 days is better than LIB????

Says the guy who actually thinks qjgibberishmaster's ideas are viable, and is unaware of Mr. Pine's history of butthurt because his bus was four seconds late and is full of minorities.

I NEVER said his ideas were "viable", no matter how you interpret it.

I've probably watched 100+ of his videos. While he does have his downside (ranting about needing a girlfriend, people's clothes, music, etc.), he's not as bad as what people put him up to be. The N79 I ride runs every 30 minutes and I hate it when it's 20 minutes late. Anyone who has to depend on service like that would be mad.

Why are we so aversive to reasonable complaints?

Why come on a forum to constantly complain to like people (we, the forum-users) that can't DO anything about his "reasonable complaints" ?

I've probably watched 100+ of his videos. While he does have his downside (ranting about needing a girlfriend, people's clothes, music, etc.), he's not as bad as what people put him up to be. The N79 I ride runs every 30 minutes and I hate it when it's 20 minutes late. Anyone who has to depend on service like that would be mad.

Whether he's as a bad guy or not is irrelevant....

I don't disqualify the level of frustration/anger he has about bus service in Nassau County; he has every right to feel the way he does....

What I'm saying is, going across boards complaining about the situation isn't gonna change anything.... That's the energy he gives off; like he wants direct & instant change to emanate just from the basis of what he says on any one forum... That is not realistic.... He likes to complain for the sake of doing so.... You've seen his videos, you've heard his rally cries....

He doesn't come on the forums to simply apprise people of what's goin on...

Pinepower I call him complain power Or RANTPOWER!!!!!!!! NICE seems to be NICE to me when I go out there but seriously pinepower you are NEVER NICE is there ever a time when you don't Bitch?

fool don't use my name in such disgrace BOY!!!! Pinepower just bitches every second just for the hell of it. I actually look for solutions and try to do something about it. YOU KNOW NOTHING about my true LI NICE ideas cause if you did you would not have posted this.

I could be wrong, but that doesn't even sound factual.....

When you are that passionate about something, you should take a stand and try to change things rather than preaching to the people about it. That isn't going to do anything other than become annoying, and when it gets to that point even the people who WOULD HAVE tried to help are annoyed and start to not care.

How can you say a service that has been operational for 27 days is better than LIB????

That was what I tried to do at the LIB meeting however I had insufficient data and experience and plans made at last minute aren't as good as ones that have data and experience about the routing patterns and the travel habits of ppl in the county transit and non transit users alike. That was why the Ideas I mentioned about LI were well not viable. However I now have gained sufficient data about LI Nassau and suffolk enough to make very good ideas that would instead of trying to merge every weak line with an N6 restructure routes so they attract more ridership and fill in service gaps and correct mistakes in the past network. Some will always bash me for the hell of it but that won't stop me from passionately coming up with solutions that can help improve mobility for as many people as possible. Joel gonna hate in 3..2..1

First of all, this service sounds (and looks, because I've rode it once every week, specifically on a weekday) WORSE than any suburbs around us, even Westchester, Rockland and Suffolk, not to mention the MTA (which was the previous operator of Nassau's Bus System).
It sounds that way because pine power always complains.

Archived