Gridlock Sam's Master Plan

Well, the podcast is pretty making me have serious mixed feelings, I don't know what to say! I mean Gridlock Sam has good plans, and bad plans... But, Belt Parkway becoming an Interstate is just a great idea! I don't know what to say now, disagree or agree, because I am on the side of the trucking and automobile industry's opinion...

However still, the 50 cents for Bikers is not gonna be good, I seriously disagree with that plan because Bikes are a Green Form of Transit, it does not emit CO2 gas, and won't cause major congestion unless if a huge group of bikers gathers around. I think non-motorized Bikes & electrical bikes should be free, gas using bikes should be charged equivalent to the cars.

I agree about the Belt Parkway, it should definitely be widened and allow trucks on it. If you look at the NYC area, the most convenient highways are parkways! Truckers have to take secondary roads and long round-about routes to get anywhere.

I'm mixed about the Bike tolls. If the money will be used to add more bike lanes, and add bike paths to bridges such as the Whitestone & Throgs neck, Verrazano, and new crossings, more bike racks then I'm all for it. If it will just go into a general fund, then I don't agree with it.

The Belt Parkway is already congested with just cars on it, it would be worse if trucks would be on there as well. The lack of a proper truck route in Brooklyn is cuz of the lack of the Cross Brooklyn Expressway, so trucks have those people living there to thank for their slow, roundabout way through brooklyn.

One thing about the plan, is that they should get congress to get them to change the Verrazano back to a two way toll. If it costs almost $5 one way to go to Staten Island, and $4 to go through Manhattan than why not cut across if it's more direct?

Archived