Canal St Crosstown?

Threxx

I think Yuki made a thread about this a while back....

A crosstown bus on Canal st.... Absolutely not (worth it).

Outside of the notorious traffic situation it has to deal w/ vehicles coming on/off the manhattan bridge & the holland tunnel.....

For one, I don't see much of anyone really opting to use it (especially on any real consistent basis).... No one really lives on canal st, you only got the M5 & the M103 for possible connections to other bus routes, and all the folks you see walking along canal st, are tourists (and city folks that should know better) buying that cheap shit outta those stores around there, coming off the subway.... There would be no steady riderbase.

Absolutely not, as Canal Street is one of the most congested areas in that part of Manhattan. And it's not really a Crosstown since Canal Street ends at East Broadway. You got the M5 & M103 within those areas and that entire section of------

gotdamnit, B35 beat me to the punch lol.

Also, the real pain in the ass would be having to get around the bridge to connect to that side of Canal Street.

Threexx Yuki aka FamousNY lover made a post on same idea several months back. Plus (B35)already answered your question on why a Canal St crosstown won't work.

With that said, I see no reason in contiuning this thread. As my friend EAST NY would say 'watching the closing doors' on wrapping up this topic.

Archived