Drunk man survives fall onto New York train tracks

Trainspotter

Drunk man survives fall onto New York train tracks

BREWSTER, N.Y. - Metro-North police say a "highly intoxicated" man who fell off the platform as a train pulled into the Brewster Village station has escaped serious injury.

Police say the train rolled right over the man but most of his injuries were the result of his fall.

The incident occurred as the train was entering the station about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. The man toppled about 5 feet onto the tracks but apparently landed parallel to the rails.

A witness called 911, and firefighters were able to extricate the man from beneath the train. He was taken to Putnam Hospital.

The man's name was unavailable Wednesday.

Even so... they still shouldn't serve alcohol. Just because it's happened on MNCRR doesn't mean it won't also happen on LIRR.

Exactly. I don't ride MNRR, however i do from time to time ride LIRR and i do not wanna see that happen & ruin my appetite for LIRR for quite some time.

- Andy

Even so... they still shouldn't serve alcohol. Just because it's happened on MNCRR doesn't mean it won't also happen on LIRR.

I agree with you. The potential for accidents (and thus, lawsuits) is increased exponentially with the sale of alcohol on board the trains.

I am not a big rail fan of LIRR since I only took it once in my life. I do make plans on riding it cause I heard they serve drinks on it just to see how it is to dine on a LIRR train.

Drunks on the platforms are just bad news for a accident I believe we had one 2 months ago. Where this young guy was with a group of friends drinking and he decided to take the train alone and he fell on the road bed and got hit by a (A) train I believe.

I usually have no sympathy for the drunk I have more sympathy for the Train Operator since hes the one who has to go through that ordeal. I've talked to quite a few T/O's who have had 12-9's (that is the radio code we use for someone who is under the train). Some turn out ok and others refuse to work the road on that particular line it happened on.

So if they wanna drink they need to stumble their butts home in a cab and not on a train platform.

Archived