Will NICE ever wrap the Orion V's?

According to an inside source, this is the plan for the orion v cngs:

NICEOrionVPT1.png

That could work since it would involve a simpler wrap covering the existing stripes (similar to the way MTA Bus covered over the PBL stripes on its O5's).

Those are all ugly buses.

That's your opinion.

Barring an unexpected fleet change by Veolia, NICE will be operating the 1633-1699 group of 2004 05.501's until at least 2016. I'm sure the priority is to cover over the MTA blue and white scheme on the 1700's and 1800's first, but it will be interesting to see if any of the older buses ever get the full NICE wrap treatment.

Personally, I'm not sure they would do this - I could see them being satisfied just to keep the older Orions in the LI Bus orange and blue stripes since that scheme has the new system's colors in it and looks nothing like an MTA bus.

1633-1699 should be able to go to at least 2021 or 2022 on tanks; of course, will the bus outlast the tanks?

Maybe since Orion is leaving maybe they may have New Flyers out on Lon island to replace the other half of the 2000-2002 Orion V's and 2003-4 ones.

I would be so mad if they get the restyled front though.

Look for Gillig to bid on that order, also by then Nova will have a CNG LFS, so it can be anyones order!

Archived