New York City Subway Fantasy Map: Summer 2012

Tokkemon

Yes I do, but I use a mac, and I can't figure out how to do it in paintbrush...

*looks down*

Oh, Gorgor is reading this topic, eh? *hinthintnudgenudge*

Haha. Well I've been working on my own version of a subway map (link) but it's not complete yet. I'm also too busy to take custom requests (I might after it's complete in a couple weeks, but no promises).

----

Anyways, on the topic of this map. First of all, I absolutely love the entire design aspect of it. The colors just seem to work perfectly together. I don't really have that many comments to make about the actual routing, except that the Second Avenue Subway definitely needs to go downtown. Linking Second Avenue and Water Street would benefit thousands of daily riders.

Haha. Well I've been working on my own version of a subway map (link) but it's not complete yet. I'm also too busy to take custom requests (I might after it's complete in a couple weeks, but no promises).

Well, if you were able to take my request, all you'd have to do is map it, I'd do the service guide...

Well, if you were able to take my request, all you'd have to do is map it, I'd do the service guide...

Mapping it is quite time consuming.

Gorgor, where did you get the template for your map?

I forget where, but I got it from somewhere online.

----

If you want to ask me any more questions, send me a private message. Let's not get this thread off topic.

Guest Lance

Nice design Tokkemon. I'll comment on the routes and lines later but I'd recommend using a magnified inset for downtown Manhattan if you're going to use a geographically correct map like this one. It's kind of hard to see which stops go with which line at times.

Hey Gregor, your geographically correct map is fantastic, is it alright if I use your map for a fantasy map? Whenever I open it on Inkscape, it comes out blank so I waswondering if you did something to it to prevent others from using it or something

First off I honestly have no idea how you managed to misspell my username like that. It's Gorgor, not Gregor.

And yeah, you're free to use my map, but I'm going to be having quite a bit of time freed up soon and was thinking of making a request a map thread, so you can wait for that in maybe a couple days or a week. But the map should open up fine in Inkscape, I didn't protect the file or anything like that.

The map that I uploaded to my website isn't complete, and still has a couple of errors, so I would recommend waiting for me to upload the final before using it.

First off I honestly have no idea how you managed to misspell my username like that. It's Gorgor, not Gregor.

And yeah, you're free to use my map, but I'm going to be having quite a bit of time freed up soon and was thinking of making a request a map thread, so you can wait for that in maybe a couple days or a week. But the map should open up fine in Inkscape, I didn't protect the file or anything like that.

The map that I uploaded to my website isn't complete, and still has a couple of errors, so I would recommend waiting for me to upload the final before using it.

OH YEAH!

Well, looking forward to that, as I am making a Google Map with all my ideas.

Archived