Scrap

I can confirm that these buses were in service AFTER January 1st when Veolia took over. Also, where is the Island Park Scrap Yard?

I think he means a lot at the Cedar Creek sewage treatment plant, I know Nassau is holding retired buses in the 15xx to sell most likely for scrap. Unless Nassau is using two places to hold buses that are to be scrapped.

I think he means a lot at the Cedar Creek sewage treatment plant, I know Nassau is holding retired buses in the 15xx to sell most likely for scrap. Unless Nassau is using two places to hold buses that are to be scrapped.

Those 15 buses that were originally sent to Cedar Creek this year have all been sold, auctions closed, and I don't know whether they've been picked up. But one of these buses that he says has been sent there was in NICE service this year, unlike all the others, and I don't see it up for auction. So I'm wondering if they even bothered with the auction or sent it somewhere else like the place he mentioned.

Those 15 buses that were originally sent to Cedar Creek this year have all been sold, auctions closed, and I don't know whether they've been picked up. But one of these buses that he says has been sent there was in NICE service this year, unlike all the others, and I don't see it up for auction. So I'm wondering if they even bothered with the auction or sent it somewhere else like the place he mentioned.

I didn't know the acution had closed. Unless they are stripping them at this other location and then will ship them to Ceder Creek since all the buses that were at Ceder Creek where supposedly un driveable. The old MSBA/LIB fishbowl that NICE brought to MF was said to be housed at Ceder Creek, so if I had to guess these two buses will most likely end up there sooner or later. My question is why did these two buses get retired when there are no replacements until the end of the year.

Maybe these buses went ka plunk after they decided to sell the original set... Was it Nassau County or Veolia/NICE selling the buses?

I would guess it was Nassau County since the contact on the auctions is Peter DiSilvio, who is apparently the Director of Special Projects for Nassau County according to a Google search.

TY24, where was this?

I rode a 15xx's the other day and it ran like a dream. I think it was either 1545 or 1565? Like I said it ran great, it seemed like at times the driver was slightly rev'ing the engine while stopped... Keeping it from stalling? Keeping air built up? A habbit when driving a 1500? lol

TY24, where was this?

I rode a 15xx's the other day and it ran like a dream. I think it was either 1545 or 1565? Like I said it ran great, it seemed like at times the driver was slightly rev'ing the engine while stopped... Keeping it from stalling? Keeping air built up? A habbit when driving a 1500? lol

This was by South st/Stewart Ave. 1545 came from Roosevelt Field. I noticed it as I was walking from work. 1565 is also a good bus the AC on that bus is fantastic :) I rode 1565 on the N6x back in May and it ran well.

When the new VII's come in I wonder if some of the good 1500/1600 buses will be kept around as spares?

Who knows, some still run good like 1565. Just have to see what Veolia decides to do. 1633-1699 are 8 years old and should be around thru 2016(hopefully). I personally like the 1633-1699 especially their bassy sounds ;). MTA/Nassau should have ordered more of those like 100 units instead of 67. I guess 67 was enough to meet the service.

Who knows, some still run good like 1565. Just have to see what Veolia decides to do. 1633-1699 are 8 years old and should be around thru 2016(hopefully). I personally like the 1633-1699 especially their bassy sounds ;). MTA/Nassau should have ordered more of those like 100 units instead of 67. I guess 67 was enough to meet the service.

And was only enough that the state funding could afford.

Archived