Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Bracamonte

Any MNRR M3's with old interiors?

Just curious as I passed by numerous M3 sets and every single car has the M7-style interior. I'm not saying that I hate them, but I think its an improvement to keeps these cars running. But my question is, are there still a few M3's with the old interiors that have the red and blue seats?

if there are, they are probably the type without the chevron stripe in front. I saw one with a blue front stripe and the old red/blue interior back in 2010.

http://jonstrainphotos.com/show/7 you can see thru the front window the interior. I wish the LIRR would care for their M3s like Metro North does.

Yes there are a decent amount but all are being refurbished here at North White Plains. Ocaisionally you will see a pair with no seats, which means it's in the process of being refurbished.

I see foxie, but that picture was taken two years ago. That car must have been refurbished by now. And is it really true that the LIRR's M3's are being trashed?

Edited by Bracamonte

I see foxie, but that picture was taken two years ago. That car must have been refurbished by now. And is it really true that the LIRR's M3's are being trashed?

Yeah, LIRR is just not taking as much care for the M3s, quite a few M3s are running around with Ads on the seats as a quick patch up. It seems they only wants to keep them alive until the M9s start flowing in.

There is a decent supply of M3's here. You mainly see them on the Harlem and New Haven lines. You'd never get M3 on the Hudson Line. They are in pretty good condition.

Edited by Quill Depot

There is a decent supply of M3's here. You mainly see them on the Harlem and New Haven lines. You'd never get M3 on the Hudson Line. They are in pretty good condition.

If you saw M3s on the New Haven Line, then you saw something rare because M3s don't have pantographs making it impossible to run over there. They are mostly seen on the Harlem because they are taken care of at North White Plains Yard. Next place to catch them is the Hudson Line. WEEKDAYS ONLY (unless there is a weekend with extra service requiring them)

If you saw M3s on the New Haven Line, then you saw something rare because M3s don't have pantographs making it impossible to run over there. They are mostly seen on the Harlem because they are taken care of at North White Plains Yard. Next place to catch them is the Hudson Line. WEEKDAYS ONLY (unless there is a weekend with extra service requiring them)

Oh, sorry, I meant hudson, let me edit that.

• Upvote 1

They are mostly seen on the Harlem because they are taken care of at North White Plains Yard.

They get worked on in Harmon also. There has been a couple of times I've had to shop a pair at Harmon

Edited by Truckie
  • Upvote 1

I worked on a M3 last night and they are getting taken care of quite well. Some of yall have to remember our M3's take much more of a beaten then MNRR since we use them on all branches and our system isn't smooth sailing conditions like MNRR. We use our M3's a lot more.

I worked on a M3 last night and they are getting taken care of quite well. Some of yall have to remember our M3's take much more of a beaten then MNRR since we use them on all branches and our system isn't smooth sailing conditions like MNRR. We use our M3's a lot more.

I've traveled on a few of the LIRR M3's and I can tell they take much more- but it doesn't make them look too attractive. :(