Pass Question

NoHuBus

Hey Guy i just got my september pass and i was wondering since it is still august could i use it now and if any bus driver would let me on since it's early.

Some B/Os might let you but i'd keep the august one until its september. Most drivers enforce it

B/O's strictly enforce the monthly pass rule for the month. With that being said, it really depend on the B/O. But also, the B/O can get into serious trouble if they allow a passenger with a unauthorized bus pass to enter the bus, unauthorized since that month has not begun yet.

B/O's strictly enforce the monthly pass rule for the month. With that being said, it really depend on the B/O. But also, the B/O can get into serious trouble if they allow a passenger with a unauthorized bus pass to enter the bus, unauthorized since that month has not begun yet.

What is the most servere punishment they can get as B/O if they do that,thats why i' il wait til nxt week since most ppl will get their pass anyways.

From NJ Transit Website:

You can use it to make unlimited trips on NJ TRANSIT bus routes for an entire calendar month for the number of zones indicated on the pass.

a) You have a September bus pass.

b) The pass is only valid during September.

c) You want to use a September bus pass in August.

Result: September bus pass is not valid in August.

Please be advised that the bus pass rule is strictly enforced. I have seen B/O's request payment for rides from folks who had expired passes or passes that were not valid.

Please do not hold up people's commutes, it is rude and inconsiderate.

From NJ Transit Website:

You can use it to make unlimited trips on NJ TRANSIT bus routes for an entire calendar month for the number of zones indicated on the pass.

a) You have a September bus pass.

b) The pass is only valid during September.

c) You want to use a September bus pass in August.

Result: September bus pass is not valid in August.

Please be advised that the bus pass rule is strictly enforced. I have seen B/O's request payment for rides from folks who had expired passes or passes that were not valid.

Please do not hold up people's commutes, it is rude and inconsiderate.

Good to know some people also do not even have right change when that happens to them (mostly for the exact fare routes) and the annoying part is ask other people in the bus

What is the most servere punishment they can get as B/O if they do that,thats why i' il wait til nxt week since most ppl will get their pass anyways.

Suspension/Termination: NJT eyes: passenger did not pay, passenger did not tell driver that he did not have fare, driver allowed passenger on without enforcing rules, money for fare is stolen. Even if the person didn't pay a 1 zone fare, some supervisors are strict and will suspend or fire a B/O for that.

Archived