Is it me or have us NYC bus fan been spoiled

Engr08

Within the past couple of years MTA bus and NYC bus has been getting a variety of buses that most city may only have 2 or 3 models. To me it doesn't matter if they are a test fleet we were able to see all different types of models. I'm a little excited about the XD60 and the MTS models. Thank you MTA please continue to spoil us.

Within the past couple of years MTA bus and NYC bus has been getting a variety of buses that most city may only have 2 or 3 models. To me it doesn't matter if they are a test fleet we were able to see all different types of models. I'm a little excited about the XD60 and the MTS models. Thank you MTA please continue to spoil us.

you guys are lucky... down where i am at we have 2 types(one about to be phased out) the new flyer de35lf and gilligs.

lol yes there are 2 types of gilligs the brt hybrid and the low floor.

I think the Gilligs hybrids are nice, when I was down in Florida thats all I saw. Also I like the white LED destination sign they have on their buses

My local agency has 94 NABI 40-LFW CNG's. In my nearly four years of being here, I've ridden each more than 20 times, and some as much as 150 times. Some routes that are contracted only have cutaways. Talk about variety.

I'm lucky to live in Albany where they have NovaBuses, and Orions in addition to the Gillig's.... Troy has Gillig's and NABI's, and Schenectady has Gillig's and NovaBuses.... Saratoga is just Gillig's.

I'm lucky to live in Albany where they have NovaBuses, and Orions in addition to the Gillig's.... Troy has Gillig's and NABI's, and Schenectady has Gillig's and NovaBuses.... Saratoga is just Gillig's.

You guys have a decent fleet. And to add to my last post, the only attribute I can add is at least we still have the Detroit Diesel Series 50G in our NABI's B-) , (unlike LACMTA) :angry: !

You guys have a decent fleet. And to add to my last post, the only attribute I can add is at least we still have the Detroit Diesel Series 50G in our NABI's B-) , (unlike LACMTA) :angry: !

Gotta love those Series 50's. Only problem is the A/C on the NABI's are so loud, you can't hear it.

Archived