Moment of silence on MTA buses this morning

QM1to6Ave

I was on the QM5 this morning, and just as we got to 34th and 3rd, the dispatcher (I wonder if it was Devilbus) announced a moment of silence over the radio at 8:46, and I have to say it was really meaningful for me. The bus was already perfectly silent, and we had just come into Manhattan, so the timing was really appropriate.

I personally teared up, and as I got off the bus at 34th and 3rd, I could see the B/O had also teared up and sat at the stop for a moment, even though the dispatcher announced that buses could resume their regular route.

DId anyone else have the same thing announced on any NYCT or MTA Bus Co buses?

I'm also wondering if any B/O's on here have any memories of being in the city that day and driving into that hell.

I got on my usual BxM2 but later than that so there was no sort of announcement that I could hear but the B/O and I greeted each other when I got on and when I got off. Usually I just greet him when I get off and he does the same. I had my moment in my apartment as they were reading the names and such on Good Day New York. Very nice that they did that though.

Myself & about 7 other LIB drivers brought Nassau County cops into Manhattan for rescue assistance. My bus was stationed at Canal St. We walked from there down to Ground Zero & were given face masks. The devastation had to be seen to be believed. Pictures don't do it justce. I'll never forget it.

Myself & about 7 other LIB drivers brought Nassau County cops into Manhattan for rescue assistance. My bus was stationed at Canal St. We walked from there down to Ground Zero & were given face masks. The devastation had to be seen to be believed. Pictures don't do it justce. I'll never forget it.

Wow, that's quite intense. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure it brings up unpleasant memories for you. I was young at the time, so I did not get into the city until the pile was much smaller and contained.

Archived