does working in a Railroad musuem help me get accepted to the Railroads?

goten2255

Howdy everybody i want to ask everybody this question

do yall know that if i work in a Railroad Musuem i can get easily accepted to the Railroads like Amtrak, BNSF, Union Pacific and such?

i am currently 25 years old will be turning 26 soon and that i am trying in all of my abilities to get accepted to the Railroads like Amtrak and such i have a good work background, i am honest i want to accomplish my goals but since most of the Railroads have rejected me alot, CSX, Union Pacific, and Amtrak i had one interview with them and i blew it without knowing.

i am currently living in Miami Florida and i have found a Railroad museum that i been thinking of to do to get into this industry but is it true that people who work in a museum gets hired and accepted for an interview?

please i need somebody to help me or that somebody can guide me to getting accepted with the Railroads, i want to change my life i am sick and tired of working in Retail and i want something better in my life.

Sorry to say but no, you better off trying to get a job that is high safety sensitive and has a extensive background check like a airport job or hospital. They are looking for somebody who has a good background in safety and is dependable to work at any hour of the day also weekends and holidays. Point is as a Railroader until you get some seniority , social life as you know it is gone. RR look for safety, dependable and hardworking people. I'm not saying your not this but get a good job that will show your work ethnic. Good Luck.

Rail Museum experience doesnt translate to active railroad work. A relative was HVAC certified, got hired by Bombardier as a road tech because the computer/controls programming isnt much different. Eventually he got accepted into NJ transit engineer program, and works as a loco engineer now.. Aquire some relative skills, and it will help your applications..

My work at a few railroad museums helped my get contacts that helped me get my job at a railroad. The work at the museums did not translate into real experience, but people saw I knew what I was doing and they put their names and reputations on the line for me.

That's not true.

Work with a museum CAN lead to employment. I know several people who did it, several who post here. You can make industry connections that way, and also you can use technical skills for prospective railroad employment - however, work at a museum does NOT fill the work experience requirement many jobs have.

Case in point, someone I know (who does NOT post here) went into Amtrak as a machinist using his machining skills learned at a railway museum as the foundation to get the job. He then promoted to a supervisory title, and then switched departments entirely and is now an engineer.

So it can be done.

Railway museum employment means nothing when it comes to civil service titles, however.

Archived