Should Funimation make a new Dragon Ball Z series?

jgood6195

If I'm going to watch something Japanese that's going to feature foreigners, what the hell sense would it be for them to speak Japanese? There was an episode of GITS in which one of the Japanese characters tells a story about participating in a mission in Mexico with British and American soldiers. I tried watching it in Japanese and just hearing one of the Brits trying to speak (and yes, he did the typical "deep voice" thing)... I just stopped. Then again, when an anime takes place in Japan like Death Note or Bleach, it doesn't make much sense when I hear someone say "You can't do [x] in Japan" in English... I'm pretty torn on the issue.

As for DBZ, no, I don't want to deal with arcs being 59 episodes long just because the next protagonist in line screamed for 57 of those and then pulled an attack out of his ass that somehow destroyed the supposedly indestructible baddie.

If I'm going to watch something Japanese that's going to feature foreigners, what the hell sense would it be for them to speak Japanese? There was an episode of GITS in which one of the Japanese characters tells a story about participating in a mission in Mexico with British and American soldiers. I tried watching it in Japanese and just hearing one of the Brits trying to speak (and yes, he did the typical "deep voice" thing)... I just stopped. Then again, when an anime takes place in Japan like Death Note or Bleach, it doesn't make much sense when I hear someone say "You can't do [x] in Japan" in English... I'm pretty torn on the issue.

As for DBZ, no, I don't want to deal with arcs being 59 episodes long just because the next protagonist in line screamed for 57 of those and then pulled an attack out of his ass that somehow destroyed the supposedly indestructible baddie.

Well, atleast seasons 1 and 2 (the Scouter Vegeta and Freiza sagas in that order) were violent and fun to watch. Everything after Freiza sucked and they should of just ended the series right there, then start GT.

yeah the dubs should make a note of some of the cultural jokes like the subs do in small captions on the screen. It would make thing transition better without the need to make that addition.

Yup, that sums up dbz especially the buu arc. I would watch one episode once a week (when airing 5 days a week) and still see no progress. Not slamming that show, but I don't see the appeal of it. Then again I am spoiled by all the other anime I've seen in the past decade.

The Buu arc sucked. Basically, anything after the Freiza saga sucked.

Fixed.

I very much enjoyed Krillin saving a helpless girl and her son brother Cell. I very much enjoyed Tien using Tri-beam to blast square holes in the ground that kept Cell at bay considering he was supposed to be weak. I very much enjoyed Goku actually not being the one to beat the bad guy for once. Cell Games is really where I would have ended it. Goku dead, Gohan the new hero and Trunks saving his time from the androids.

Fixed.

I very much enjoyed Krillin saving a helpless girl and her son brother Cell. I very much enjoyed Tien using Tri-beam to blast square holes in the ground that kept Cell at bay considering he was supposed to be weak. I very much enjoyed Goku actually not being the one to beat the bad guy for once. Cell Games is really where I would have ended it. Goku dead, Gohan the new hero and Trunks saving his time from the androids.

I loved how the Vegeta saga lead up to the Freiza saga. It was basic hand to hand combat before the super saiyan stuff started to occur. Also, the villains were more ruthless and evil in nature (i.e. Freiza, the Ginyus, Vegeta, etc) and reminded me of the deceptions from transformers whereas the Z warriors were like the autobots.

Archived