Should Funimation make a new Dragon Ball Z series?

jgood6195

No. Quite honestly I was never a fan, but I wouldn't trust Funmation with the intent to make anything sucessful. Besides, don't they usually only provide (horrible) dubs?

I couldn't stand DBZ, they dragged out a villain story arc for way too many episodes. It's one thing if its like bleach where there are 25 characters and each person gets an episode spotlight, but the same hero vs villain past 2 episodes is too much. dBGt was a little better as it was condensed and short.

Bleach was tolerable (at the beginning) in my opinion. I can't say the same for DBZ.

No. Quite honestly I was never a fan, but I wouldn't trust Funmation with the intent to make anything sucessful. Besides, don't they usually only provide (horrible) dubs?

Bleach was tolerable (at the beginning) in my opinion. I can't say the same for DBZ.

Nurato?

Naruto has too much fillers. Same with Bleach, same with a lot of the animes being released.

DBZ is done and should be kept done, especially after how it ended in DBZ GT.

All in all, manga > anime any day of the week. Less bullshit and more to the point.

I only watch the anime to see how they portray battle scenes and such.

**Edit**

Another note also, yeah dubs suck. The only dubs to me that were tolerable were Gundam Wing, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, G Gundam and DBZ. The other dubs make me want to shoot myself. Like Naruto or Initial D. My god. :wacko:

Okay, how about bringing back some older American shows like Justice League Unlimited?

well probably not as they have 'Young Justice' airing now on Cartoon Network. But I do agree that show was canceled too soon when it could've had at least 13 more episodes.

I think you are confusing funimation with 4kids. 4 kids sucks big time. funimation is tolerable.

Naruto has too much fillers. Same with Bleach, same with a lot of the animes being released.

DBZ is done and should be kept done, especially after how it ended in DBZ GT.

All in all, manga > anime any day of the week. Less bullshit and more to the point.

I only watch the anime to see how they portray battle scenes and such.

**Edit**

Another note also, yeah dubs suck. The only dubs to me that were tolerable were Gundam Wing, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, G Gundam and DBZ. The other dubs make me want to shoot myself. Like Naruto or Initial D. My god. :wacko:

yeah I'm not a fan of the fillers as well. I skipped them.

gundam 00 and gurren Lagan were pretty good as far as dubs go. I don't really watch naruto, but the va for that character sucks. Like hearing the nail on a chalkboard screeching.

Animes are good if they are short as the fillers would be 1 or 2 eps. I do hope once the bleach manga is finished, they will resume the anime again without any fillers. So I do applaud them for ending the show when they did instead of forcing us to endure another wave of fillers.

Nope, it will just drag itself like Naruto

Two more good shows from the early 2000s: Transformers Armada and Transformers Cybertron! If they were to remake those, I don't know what I'd do!

well probably not as they have 'Young Justice' airing now on Cartoon Network. But I do agree that show was canceled too soon when it could've had at least 13 more episodes.

I think you are confusing funimation with 4kids. 4 kids sucks big time. funimation is tolerable.

yeah I'm not a fan of the fillers as well. I skipped them.

gundam 00 and gurren Lagan were pretty good as far as dubs go. I don't really watch naruto, but the va for that character sucks. Like hearing the nail on a chalkboard screeching.

Animes are good if they are short as the fillers would be 1 or 2 eps. I do hope once the bleach manga is finished, they will resume the anime again without any fillers. So I do applaud them for ending the show when they did instead of forcing us to endure another wave of fillers.

I agree that Justice League Unlimited was cancelled way too quick. The last epsiode with Darkside sucked! They should of brought back Brainic. Also, we never saw the outcome of Batman and Wonder woman/Green Lantern and Hawkgirl relationships.

Two more good shows from the early 2000s: Transformers Armada and Transformers Cybertron! If they were to remake those, I don't know what I'd do!

I agree that Justice League Unlimited was cancelled way too quick. The last epsiode with Darkside sucked! They should of brought back Brainic. Also, we never saw the outcome of Batman and Wonder woman/Green Lantern and Hawkgirl relationships.

well batman beyond is canon with that episode epilogue. so you know GL and hawk girl do have a son (war hawk). and Bruce ends up alone with Terry as his clone/son.

well batman beyond is canon with that episode epilogue. so you know GL and hawk girl do have a son (war hawk). and Bruce ends up alone with Terry as his clone/son.

Yes, but that was like a different future. We don't really know if John returned to Shayera or stayed with Vixen. If they had one more season, it would of been great.

GT only had 67 episodes IIRC.

64, plus the special.

Their dubs have gotten better over time. Dunno if you watch Kai, but I personally think its dub blows Z's and GT's dubs out of the water. Not only are the VAs better IMO [a result of doing the same voices over and over, I guess] but Kai's dub is a lot more faithful to the Japanese version than Z's dub is [between retaining all the original music right from the start, getting new VAs closer to the Japanese version for some characters and generally being making less script changes.]

I don't really need a new series, lest it turn out like GT or something. Between the new movie, and Toei finally making a Buu Saga for Kai, I'm pretty content with Dragon Ball right now.

Funnily enough, I did hear rumors that Funimation helped fund the Buu Saga of Kai [they supposedly express interest in making it before.]

I couldn't stand DBZ, they dragged out a villain story arc for way too many episodes. It's one thing if its like bleach where there are 25 characters and each person gets an episode spotlight, but the same hero vs villain past 2 episodes is too much. dBGt was a little better as it was condensed and short.

The thing with Dragonball Z and its insane amount of filler content stems from the fact that the comic book version was being written roughly on par with the anime, maybe even slower, as some episodes totally seem to forget that there is a major threat in the world and the main characters do something else.

But yeah, Funimation doesn't do anything other than dub the anime for English-speaking audiences, unless the creators of the Dragonball anime decide to boot up a new series we won't be seeing much...

I pretend GT doesn't exist. It butchered everything good about DB/Z and made it about Goku. News flash animators; some of us like to see the other characters do something other than get knocked out by a single kick/punch or energy blast. Funimation doesnt really make any of this stuff either. They just dub it from what I understand. So what you really should be asking is should Akira Toriyama make a new series. Which honestly as long as he's directly involved I'll say yes.

It's Toei Animantion you have to go through, Funimation is just the licensee to distruibe in the west. the license often contracts the actually dubbing out to a third party.

I perfer Sunrise shows. specificly the Gundams (at least the ones made when "Kill-em-all" was in a good mood) and "Yussha". Toei goes into a panic when you post thier stuff on youtube (makes watching Kamen Rider and Super Sentai a bitch to say the least), meanwhile Sunrise's parent, Bandai, has full Moble suit Gundam Double-0 and Code Geass episodes on it's youtube channel

Double-0 epsiode 1 subtitled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwcJs0aDtvk

Code Geass epsiode 1 subtitiled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLx_mHTyfrs

code Geass epsiode 1 dubbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCoEQXY5hM8

I pretend GT doesn't exist. It butchered everything good about DB/Z and made it about Goku. News flash animators; some of us like to see the other characters do something other than get knocked out by a single kick/punch or energy blast. Funimation doesnt really make any of this stuff either. They just dub it from what I understand. So what you really should be asking is should Akira Toriyama make a new series. Which honestly as long as he's directly involved I'll say yes.

Funny that you dislike GT considering your icon.

Archived