n4 Limited?

PinePower

I posted this in the photos section as well. I wonder if this means there will be an n4 Limited....NICE did mention it on their FB awhile ago.

Given what went on in 2012, anything is possible!

I still remember this code during Long Island Bus! It's great to see its still there!

http://imageshack.us/a/img219/1623/dsc01801u.jpg

The possibility of an N4 Limited was on the drawing board,so better to program the sign if it takes place. Years ago on the older buses,they had "N20 Huntington via Northern Blvd" on the sign scrolls. Obviously that route was planned,but never came to fruition.

The possibility of an N4 Limited was on the drawing board,so better to program the sign if it takes place. Years ago on the older buses,they had "N20 Huntington via Northern Blvd" on the sign scrolls. Obviously that route was planned,but never came to fruition.

N20 to Huntington: I wonder if they should do that on weekdays, alternating between hicksville and huntington and extend one of the n20 roslyn trips on middays to huntington to maintain 1 hour headways to Hicksville

N20 to Huntington: I wonder if they should do that on weekdays, alternating between hicksville and huntington and extend one of the n20 roslyn trips on middays to huntington to maintain 1 hour headways to Hicksville

Thats crazy talk and bit too extreme anyway. Huntington is so out of the way and would take forever to get there from Flushing. The closest thing I could see to that is maybe extending the n79 a bit north, but why bother. Nobody has cried out for bus service in Huntington, so its best left unchanged.

I always thought that a better reroute of the N79 was to send it from Manetto Hill Rd up Sunnyside Blvd-across the LIE-onto Sunnyside Blvd Extension then down Froelich Farm Blvd to Woodbury Rd. This would provide service a lot closer to the Plainview industrial area & part of the former N94 route.

Unless you want to go back to the days of the private lines, here's some that I can remember:

The N6 used to have alternating trips via Front St. in Hempstead.

The N19 used to run all the way to Patchogue.

The N20 only ran bet. Flushing & Roslyn RR before extending it to Hicksville.

The N25 used to run straight up Lakeville Rd. bet. Marcus Ave & Northern Blvd.

The N26 was originally designated N22 Lake Success.

The N27 was originally the N77.

The former N37(now N35) had N37 Roosevelt Field on it's sign scroll.

The N42 was a Mineola loop.

The N48 used to travel on Stewart Ave. & Levittown Pkwy. & then Old Country Rd. rather than Duffy Ave. to Hicksville.

The N51 looped around South Merrick on Sat.

The N52 was a Hempstead to Seaford route before it was changed to N55 to Sunrise Mall.

The N53 was the Massapequa Pk. loop.

The N56 was a separate part of the present N57. Great Neck loop.

The N59 was a route bet. Mineola & Great Neck.

The N67 ran bet. Glen Cove-Locust Valley-Bayville-Oyster Bay.

The N69 Long Beach-Point Lookout was run by MSBA before taken over by the City of Long Beach.

The N72(72B) used to operate through residential Levittown & Central Ave. through Bethpage.

The N79 used to have alternate trips via Washington Ave/Plainview Rd or Maneto Hill & Woodbury Rd. Also,for a short time alternated via Old Country Rd. straight to Rt. 110 in Melville.

The N5(present day N1) was once extended to Oceanside.

The N82(formerly a Bellmore loop) ran to Levittown, & later to Jericho.

I'm probably forgetting some others,but maybe someone else can come up with any?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived