NEW FLYER ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF AFTERMARKET PARTS BUSINESS FROM DAIMLER BUSES NORTH AMERICA

theaveragejoe

Thinking about it now, I wonder how those contract agreements work with the (MTA) and New Flyer since they're Canadian...?? In the old days, when you did business with Canadians, they would take lower wages if you paid them in US dollars since that meant more Canadian dollars, but now the Canadian dollar is almost stronger than the U.S. dollar...

Canadian dollar is now at a 7 month low against the US dollar. USD is now worth more then CAD.

Thinking about it now, I wonder how those contract agreements work with the (MTA) and New Flyer since they're Canadian...?? In the old days, when you did business with Canadians, they would take lower wages if you paid them in US dollars since that meant more Canadian dollars, but now the Canadian dollar is almost stronger than the U.S. dollar...

New Flyer (or any international supplier) bids in U.S. dollars.  It's their issue to figure out how to exchange the American dollars they receive from the MTA into their own currency.

Not by much though...  You only get $1.03 Canadian for every US dollar... Used to be about $1.50 Canadian for every US dollar when I would go to Canada... Smh

And you will keep getting more in the weeks to come as the Canadian dollar keeps falling! I see your not that old then as at one time you could almost get $1.60-$1.70 Canadian for every Amercian Dollar.

New Flyer (or any international supplier) bids in U.S. dollars.  It's their issue to figure out how to exchange the American dollars they receive from the MTA into their own currency.

Interesting... I'm sure that works well for them, esp. being based in Manitoba.

And you will keep getting more in the weeks to come as the Canadian dollar keeps falling! I see your not that old then as at one time you could almost get $1.60-$1.70 Canadian for every Amercian Dollar.

Nope... Yeah the last time I was up in Montréal I got close to $1.50 for every US dollar which was SWEET.  Ate pretty nice down by St. Catherine St in the old part of Montréal and went to a perfect circle concert.

Interesting... I'm sure that works well for them, esp. being based in Manitoba.

Nope... Yeah the last time I was up in Montréal I got close to $1.50 for every US dollar which was SWEET.  Ate pretty nice down by St. Catherine St in the old part of Montréal and went to a perfect circle concert.

A bit OT but I was actually planning on going to Montreal come September.  PM me with any tips on where to stay and go.

Archived