What is the standard workday for a B/O?

Via Garibaldi 8

I went to the transit festival yesterday with a page from LGA's Sunday fall pick. I was able to figure out most of the columns and needed assistance from some operators to figure out the rest. The pick sheet has a column

HLF

BST

which previous messages explained means half pay if the spread is greater than 8 hours or boost if the spread is less than 8 hours. Nite differential is time worked between 6 PM and 6 AM. Swing is based on time sitting in the terminal of a split shift. Run 805 on Q18 Pulls out at 5:59 AM, pulls in at 9:57 AM, goes out at 2:48 PM and pulls in at 7:16 PM. 9:57 AM to 2:48 PM is 4 hours 51 minutes and the swing is 2 hours 21 minutes, which is about half of the 4:51.

There is a column RT which I was told means Recovery Time, which has a different definition from Layover Time at a terminal point. Every run of every route has 15 in the RT column so can somebody explain RT?

I've been trying to figure out what RT means as well.  It isn't recovery time as that term is used interchangeably with layover time but every run even now has a 15 in the RT slot.

I've been trying to figure out what RT means as well.  It isn't recovery time as that term is used interchangeably with layover time but every run even now has a 15 in the RT slot.

I remember the operators said it's for time at the beginning and end of the day. If that's what is meant, I think I've figured it out. Report time is 10 minutes before pull out time and clear time is 5 minutes after pull in time. 10+5=15. Maybe RT is an acronym for something else. Otherwise, operators wouldn't be paid for report and clear time and they would only be paid for time outside the depot. Maybe RT really means Report Time.

Archived