7th ave (BMT) Grand Army Plaza (IRT) Stations.

RailRunRob

Ive always wondered if the 7th Avenue and Grand Army Plaza Stations overlap and if not now close to they come to each other? This area is kinda complex with the IRT Express tracks dipping below the 7th ave platforms and the local tracks on the outside. Coming into the 7th ave station S/B you notice a slight upgrade followed by a slope then a downgrade in what seem to dip under the G.A.P platform and then under FB/Prospect Park. Being both these extension were built at basically same time is there maybe any connecting emergency doors between the stations? Besides the break in the wall right outside the 7th ave station on the northern end.

- R3 

There are staircases on the n/b and s/b 7th Ave BMT platforms located behind locked doors. Each staircase leads to the corresponding IRT express track. I've used both of them to reach work trains (s/b) and my put-in (n/b) when my (5) train was laid up between Bergen St and Grand Army on 3 track. It was easier to use the BMT platform rather than crossing the local track from the south end of Bergen St or walking uphill from Atlantic Ave and climbing up and down through 3 (4) trains to reach my (5). The BMT platform lined up with my fifth car which saved me a lot of walking.

There are staircases on the n/b and s/b 7th Ave BMT platforms located behind locked doors. Each staircase leads to the corresponding IRT express track. I've used both of them to reach work trains (s/b) and my put-in (n/b) when my (5) train was laid up between Bergen St and Grand Army on 3 track. It was easier to use the BMT platform rather than crossing the local track from the south end of Bergen St or walking uphill from Atlantic Ave and climbing up and down through 3 (4) trains to reach my (5). The BMT platform lined up with my fifth car which saved me a lot of walking.

Very interesting. I remembered also seeing some doors at the Southern End of GrandArmyPlaza Station.

Archived