N33 Schedule

nostalgia

The N33 runs between Far Rockaway and Long Beach LIRR stations. However, there is no coordination or schedules on the weekends.

The LIRR arrives Far Rockaway at :15 but N33 leaves at :00. The LIRR arrives Long Beach at :42 but N33 leaves at :30.

I wrote NICE today about better coordination of schedules. It would be difficult for the LIRR to change schedules because of connections at Jamaica to Penn and Atlantic Term. It would be easier to change the N33 schedule. (I don't know if the N33 interlines with the N15.)

Stay tuned for further developments.

You should try the A train (Far Rockaway branch) instead to connect to the N33.  Sit at the front of the first car and you'll be right at the exit. The bus stop is just south of the station.

But you need to live near the (A) train for that. What if you live in Gibson? We don't know where the guy in the OP lives so it's hard to tell what's easier for him. And walking to the (A) train station would be a bit far from the LIRR station. It's quite some blocks away.

I'm a member of the New York Rail Enthusiast's trip committee. We were investigating a LIRR marathon next year. The marathon would to be to ride as many electrified branches as possible. The N33 connects Far Rock and Long Beach and would save a lot of time of having to return to Jamaica to go to the other branch.

The N33 runs between Far Rockaway and Long Beach LIRR stations. However, there is no coordination or schedules on the weekends.

The LIRR arrives Far Rockaway at :15 but N33 leaves at :00. The LIRR arrives Long Beach at :42 but N33 leaves at :30.

I wrote NICE today about better coordination of schedules. It would be difficult for the LIRR to change schedules because of connections at Jamaica to Penn and Atlantic Term. It would be easier to change the N33 schedule. (I don't know if the N33 interlines with the N15.)

Stay tuned for further developments.

who uses LIRR to get to atlantic beach? Off the babylon line your better off using N15. But the N33 can improve links to the long beach line but far rockaway pfft it's deserted after rush hour it's ridership patterns make you wonder why it isn't a subway line.

Well, it's 9 minutes to walk from the n33 to Long Beach LIRR so that's only a 10 minute wait for the next LIRR train.

I think you mean 9 minute walk to Far Rock LIRR. Suppose you're going to Far Rock. How long is the wait for the next N33? It's not 10 minutes.

who uses LIRR to get to atlantic beach?

If no one used that branch don't you think the LIRR would have closed it down years ago?

I think you mean 9 minute walk to Far Rock LIRR. Suppose you're going to Far Rock. How long is the wait for the next N33? It's not 10 minutes.

No, it's a 9 minute walk to Long Beach LIRR according to NICE and then it's only a 10 minute wait for the next LIRR train.

If no one used that branch don't you think the LIRR would have closed it down years ago?

No, it's a 9 minute walk to Long Beach LIRR according to NICE and then it's only a 10 minute wait for the next LIRR train./quote]

9 minute walk to Long Beach LIRR from where?

The Far Rockaway LIRR is a bit of a walk from the N33 at Far Rockaway in a very high crime area.  (The A train is very close to the N33, however.)  This must be the 9 minute walk the poster is referring to.

The first/last stop of the N33 and the N15 is at the Long Beach LIRR, right underneath the station.

The Far Rockaway LIRR is a bit of a walk from the N33 at Far Rockaway in a very high crime area.  (The A train is very close to the N33, however.)  This must be the 9 minute walk the poster is referring to.

The first/last stop of the N33 and the N15 is at the Long Beach LIRR, right underneath the station.

This is what the poster wrote: "Well, it's 9 minutes to walk from the n33 to Long Beach LIRR so that's only a 10 minute wait for the next LIRR train"

Archived