Working for NICE

R160Guy

Working for veolia isnt too bad.Training pays $9.00 hr 4 weeks then you go PT at $15.60 hr.Once full time you get bumped to $18.56 hr then 2 raises a year for 3 years and 1 raise a year after that .the top pay at the end of the contract 2016 is $32 hr.

I got full time really fast.I think a bunch are going to be leaving to go to the mta soon.Just have to watch the accidents and red light tickets,  3 and your gone.

There are some drivers that play games on the routes run early or late so they dont get a full bus but that will change once the new gps is on all the buses.I think its more work to to run hot or late than it is just to do the damn route.

Working for veolia isnt too bad.Training pays $9.00 hr 4 weeks then you go PT at $15.60 hr.Once full time you get bumped to $18.56 hr then 2 raises a year for 3 years and 1 raise a year after that .the top pay at the end of the contract 2016 is $32 hr.

I got full time really fast.I think a bunch are going to be leaving to go to the mta soon.Just have to watch the accidents and red light tickets,  3 and your gone.

There are some drivers that play games on the routes run early or late so they dont get a full bus but that will change once the new gps is on all the buses.I think its more work to to run hot or late than it is just to do the damn route.

That explains a lot.

I hope the system also monitors heat or a/c, today I had two buses where the driver wouldn't put the heat on and you couldn't see out the fogged up windows and the announcements were off.

Definitely not pleasant as one of the buses I had on the n22 was crowded with approx 15 standees with everyone fogging up the windows. Only defroster on for the front...geesh what's with the drivers not putting HVAC on??

This will clear up a lot of users' misconceptions on here. Thank you.

- High School diploma, or GED required

- You must be 21 years of age

- Must have a valid driver's license for no less than one (1) year

- Have a valid CDL with Passenger Endorsements

- Have a valid driver's license in the state that you are applying to work in

- Have a strong commitment to customer service and safety

- You must be available to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays

- You must present a state DMV report verifying a 36 month driving record without a serious moving violation. (Some additional restrictions apply)

- You must not have a DWI violation within the past seven (7) years

- Provide a complete and verifiable employment history; Employment history must be verified with all employers listed on the application and must include the past ten (10) years of employment, when applicable

- You must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check.

It will still be up to the driver whether or not to have the A/C on.

Wondering if the (MTA) is the same way regarding air, well they were when they ran LI Bus. It's a health hazard having no air circulation on a crowded bus and it's even worse when its cold and raining and you cant see out the windows. Most of the senior drivers I know (Hound included) can't understand why these drivers turn it off in the first place.

All in all, no driver will get the balance perfect. There are bus drivers here who turn up the heat like crazy. I've been sick more than once because of that (very hot bus to cold outside). And I've also had a few idiot bus drivers who turned up the heat in midsummer with high temperatures and the sun shining. I believe one of them got fired for doing that.

I've yet to experience a driver (be that either here or in a foreign country I've been to) who does get the balance right...

All in all, no driver will get the balance perfect. There are bus drivers here who turn up the heat like crazy. I've been sick more than once because of that (very hot bus to cold outside). And I've also had a few idiot bus drivers who turned up the heat in midsummer with high temperatures and the sun shining. I believe one of them got fired for doing that.

I've yet to experience a driver (be that either here or in a foreign country I've been to) who does get the balance right...

Well over here it's supposed to be automatic climate control, which adjusts automatically for the correct temperature. On some buses it can get too hot or too cold, which is why the operator sometimes switches it off. Though it's not always pleasant when it's off for the whole trip and it's chilly and damp inside the bus. Nassau is the only operation where its commonplace for Climate Control to be switched off (it was sort of common in the MTA days too). Westchester, Suffolk & NYC buses usually have it on most of the time, as is for NJ Transit.

As for getting sick, its not good to have the air circulation switched off on a crowded bus since the air is stagnant a sick person can spread disease much faster.

I hope the system also monitors heat or a/c, today I had two buses where the driver wouldn't put the heat on and you couldn't see out the fogged up windows and the announcements were off.

LMAO these GPS systems don't have the ability to monitor air temperature inside the bus,  If they did I vote to eliminate the bus you ride to for the cost of the analyst to analyze air temperatures inside the bus.

As far as your concerns about airflow, I guess in a sense they move air by blowing it through the bus, but all these systems really do is blow hot air or cold air...  Many times once the set temp is reached the system kicks itself off, so even if the temperature was perfect in the bus you wouldn't have the airflow you're talking about.

I hear you about the temperature on the bus (both NICE and SCT), the heat is often on on 60 degree days and during the winter the heat is blasting!  If people want such hot temperatures they shouldn't be living in NY!

I've been sick more than once because of that (very hot bus to cold outside). 

I've experienced this a lot lately, the heat will be blasting in the bus, sometimes I'd even work up a light sweat because the heat is so hot....  Spend 30-40 minutes in that heat then have to wait outside in the freezing cold with the wind blowing for 20 minutes!  This is defiantly not good for the body, I think it makes me feel run down more quickly during the day.

I think what a lot of people fail to realize here is that in many types of buses the driver has their own ac/heat system and controls for it, they might be comfortable and don't know if the pax are too hot or too cold, and won't know unless someone says something.  I have also been on a comfortable bus and have people from warmer climate country's bitch and moan until the driver turns up the heat or kills the ac. :(

I think the best solution would be to install a system that keeps the temp regulated at a certain temperature, say 68-72 degrees...

Definitely not pleasant as one of the buses I had on the n22 was crowded with approx 15 standees with everyone fogging up the windows

Oh my god dude, you're kidding fogged up Windows!  I'm surprised you weren't you the phone with NICE to correct the problem, or have the Nassau County Police pull the bus over, I mean fogged up windows, gosh! 

Only defroster on for the front...

We've been over this before, only the front has a defroster, there are no defrosters on the side pax windows...  lol

WITH THIS BEING SAID CAN WE GET BACK ON TOPIC, SO WE CAN USE THIS THREAD AS A RESOURCE FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR INFO ON WORKING FOR NICE!?!

LMAO these GPS systems don't have the ability to monitor air temperature inside the bus,  If they did I vote to eliminate the bus you ride to for the cost of the analyst to analyze air temperatures inside the bus.

As far as your concerns about airflow, I guess in a sense they move air by blowing it through the bus, but all these systems really do is blow hot air or cold air...  Many times once the set temp is reached the system kicks itself off, so even if the temperature was perfect in the bus you wouldn't have the airflow you're talking about.

I hear you about the temperature on the bus (both NICE and SCT), the heat is often on on 60 degree days and during the winter the heat is blasting!  If people want such hot temperatures they shouldn't be living in NY!

I've experienced this a lot lately, the heat will be blasting in the bus, sometimes I'd even work up a light sweat because the heat is so hot....  Spend 30-40 minutes in that heat then have to wait outside in the freezing cold with the wind blowing for 20 minutes!  This is defiantly not good for the body, I think it makes me feel run down more quickly during the day.

I think what a lot of people fail to realize here is that in many types of buses the driver has their own ac/heat system and controls for it, they might be comfortable and don't know if the pax are too hot or too cold, and won't know unless someone says something.  I have also been on a comfortable bus and have people from warmer climate country's bitch and moan until the driver turns up the heat or kills the ac. :(

I think the best solution would be to install a system that keeps the temp regulated at a certain temperature, say 68-72 degrees...

Oh my god dude, you're kidding fogged up Windows!  I'm surprised you weren't you the phone with NICE to correct the problem, or have the Nassau County Police pull the bus over, I mean fogged up windows, gosh! 

We've been over this before, only the front has a defroster, there are no defrosters on the side pax windows...  lol

WITH THIS BEING SAID CAN WE GET BACK ON TOPIC, SO WE CAN USE THIS THREAD AS A RESOURCE FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR INFO ON WORKING FOR NICE!?!

I always thought the system would work like my a/c, when it gets too cold the compressor shuts off & it blows warmer air, and vice-versa. Like I've said NJT has it going full time, perhaps the drivers can adjust the temperature there? I think MTA & NICE are all fully automatic though, all the driver can do is turn it on or off. 

Anyway getting back on topic I saw alot of drivers being trained today, including what appeared to be a training bus, it didn't say training bus but it drove through RF, no signs on, and appeared to be NICE employees on board.

• 3 weeks later...

Working for veolia isnt too bad.Training pays $9.00 hr 4 weeks then you go PT at $15.60 hr.Once full time you get bumped to $18.56 hr then 2 raises a year for 3 years and 1 raise a year after that .the top pay at the end of the contract 2016 is $32 hr.

I got full time really fast.I think a bunch are going to be leaving to go to the mta soon.Just have to watch the accidents and red light tickets, 3 and your gone.

how long do it normally take to become full time?

Archived