US Airways to Join oneworld on March 31, 2014

US Airways will join oneworld® with effect from March 31, 2014, following completion today of its merger with alliance founding member American Airlines. All its regional affiliates, operating under the US Airways Express brand, will also transition to oneworld at the same time.

Their entry into oneworld with effect from the first flights on March 31, 2014 will follow immediately upon their exit from the Star Alliance with the final flights on March 30, 2014. All parties are taking every effort to ensure that the alliance transition is as seamless as possible for customers.

Until the full integration of American Airlines and US Airways – which will see the combined airline retaining the American Airlines name – US Airways and its regional carriers will operate as oneworld affiliate members, under the American umbrella.

They will offer oneworld’s full range of services and benefits – although some may be phased in shortly after US Airways joins. US Airways, American and their oneworld partners are working to provide the most popular benefits and services on an accelerated timeline.

http://hub.aa.com/en/nr/pressrelease/us-airways-to-join-oneworld-on-march-31-2014

im gonna miss US Airways, they were my first flight from Philly to Orlando for Disney World

my last US Airways trip was to/from LAX, including a red eye flight back to Philly overnight back in June of this year

Planes in US Airways colours still should fly for the 1st 6 to 12 months after the merger.

I was really hoping this wouldnt happen. US Airways is a great airline and great pilots.

American Airlines is terrible, just terrible, i would not trust their pilots with a goldfish. There known to take risks, fast landings, well over the initial target speed, speed climb outs. I had the nerve to get on a triple 7 AA to LHR and i was so pissed that i flew delta back here. It sucks US airways pilots have to go through this. For every incident American had it has all been noted that their flight mgt book is old and out dated. American 587 for example, the pilot inputed left and right rudder in wake turbulence, but based on AA handbook the rudder was needed to be used to overcome the wake, but the jerky pilot gave too much input the rudder could handle at that speed and attitude. I dont like this at all but as they say mergers are needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived