Posting subway & bus service alerts

Harry

In the begining I thought posting service alerts here were kinda silly until it actually helped me one day before leaving work. So now I welcome them as they can warn other members and visitors of this forum of any service interuptions of the subway.

From now on service alerts are to be posted in the manner below:

• Use the "Service Alert" prefix. Please do not put service alert in the thread titles. Using the prefix makes them easier to spot.
  • Use the line of the route. For example, 6 Avenue Line; 7 Avenue Line, Queens Blvd, BMT Broadway, IRT Broadway, BMT Broadway Brooklyn, 4 Avenue, West End Line, Culver Line, Brighton Line, Flushing Line etc.
  • Please do not use "This morning" or "Right now" in the thread titles.
  • Please use the icon4.gif post icon so they appear in the showthread column. They make the alerts even easier to spot.

Great idea (H)! This will make them stand out at a glance.

Some service alerts are quite minor, and often don't last that long, but some are more serious and sometimes involve a bus re-route which is actually worse than a subway issue because people often don't know which way a bus is going to go, whereas subways run on fixed lines.

Also good for rail lines such as PATH (SEPTA) MNRR and LIRR, which can often leave whole branches out of service or have large delays which can have an impact on someone's travel plans.

Thanks for the new feature!

- (A)

I can see why you did this Harry, but its great, just in time when this spike in posting service advisories started.

Also good for rail lines such as PATH
The only way you'll hear of PATH is if the story makes the news. The interns at the PANYNJ don't send out the email out fast enough, or put it up on the site fast enough. :D

I can see why you did this Harry, but its great, just in time when this spike in posting service advisories started.The only way you'll hear of PATH is if the story makes the news. The interns at the PANYNJ don't send out the email out fast enough, or put it up on the site fast enough. ;)

Sadly.. :D;)

- (A)

Archived