C/R study book?

mark1447

Any1 knows of a Good Train Conductor Book, for studying. Not just questions related to the exam. Since Im gonna get ready for the C/R exam for NYCTA.

Hopefully I can take it and when I finish HS in Jan 2009, they will accept me :(

thz for comments mates....

*For Newbies C/R= ConductoR

Any1 knows of a Good Train Conductor Book, for studying. Not just questions related to the exam. Since Im gonna get ready for the C/R exam for NYCTA.

Hopefully I can take it and when I finish HS in Jan 2009, they will accept me B)

thz for comments mates....

*For Newbies C/R= ConductoR

Try the Passbook series, those are pretty good...

Try the Passbook series, those are pretty good...

I know about it, i got the T/O version, but I want a book that shows me how a C/R works with buttons and stuff...

I know what they do like open/close doors and make announcements..

I know about it, i got the T/O version, but I want a book that shows me how a C/R works with buttons and stuff...

I know what they do like open/close doors and make announcements..

Since you'll be hired "off the street" if you're taking the Open Competitive, the questions will be very basic and they will Show you the specifics in schoolcar. Outside of the books, to find out more about the conductor position specifically, well, do you know anyone who works for Transit? Perhaps you can, in the words of Railman "Pull their coat" B)

Since you'll be hired "off the street" if you're taking the Open Competitive, the questions will be very basic and they will Show you the specifics in schoolcar. Outside of the books, to find out more about the conductor position specifically, well, do you know anyone who works for Transit? Perhaps you can, in the words of Railman "Pull their coat" B)

Well All I know is a Bus Supervisor for the Gun Hill Bus Depo. But thats for MaBSTOA, and u guys B) . You must be a C/R i guess?

But ok, I wanna know also if I can take the Test right now(Meanin 9/3-9/23) and start my job with em after I end High skool in Jan 2009. So I can show them my hs diploma?, which is needed

Well All I know is a Bus Supervisor for the Gun Hill Bus Depo. But thats for MaBSTOA, and u guys B) . You must be a C/R i guess?

But ok, I wanna know also if I can take the Test right now(Meanin 9/3-9/23) and start my job with em after I end High skool in Jan 2009. So I can show them my hs diploma?, which is needed

Heh, no I don't work for Transit although I may someday...as for if you can take the test, check the Notice of Examination (NOE) which should be out when filing begins. It will state what is required. They were trying to set college credit requirements for the next sets of RTO tests, but no one seems to know if the new requirements have been added yet. We'll probably find out tomorrow...

Also, you should be aware that they probably will not call you that soon. There is a hiring freeze right now #1, and #2 remember there will be Promotional C/R's coming in and getting called, so you may have to wait a while to get called, even if you get a very high score. So take the test and do as well as you can, but keep something in your back pocket to do for work after High School lets out until they call you. If they call you sooner rather than later, congrats...but if they don't call your list number right away then at least you've got something else to do until they do.

Thanks for your comments I guess Ill have to buy the C/R book at Woth Street city hall, Civil Service Store. But Then how would I be able to know the questions if they dont offer a study page

Unless They gonna give me sumin to study and I' ll know the ans?

You can take the Test just checked the Requirements you need only a HS Diploma a TIME OF APPOINTMENT. If you score good you be just like me a Subway Conductor at 18 Years old.

Right now there is NO hiring freeze for C/R and T/O positions a new class of off the street C/R just came out of school car and a class of O/C T/O are in school car right now.

You can take the Test just checked the Requirements you need only a HS Diploma a TIME OF APPOINTMENT. If you score good you be just like me a Subway Conductor at 18 Years old.

Right now there is NO hiring freeze for C/R and T/O positions a new class of off the street C/R just came out of school car and a class of O/C T/O are in school car right now.

Ah, nice, just read the NOE...

Thanks for the info

Thanks for your help, im gonna call the NYC Civil Service hot line anyways, to determan if I can take the test, and then when they call me up I can show my Diploma as im out Jan '09.

+

But i got one more question, whats the vision requirements, I do wear contacts [Practicing] with glasses...

Thanks for your help, im gonna call the NYC Civil Service hot line anyways, to determan if I can take the test, and then when they call me up I can show my Diploma as im out Jan '09.

+

But i got one more question, whats the vision requirements, I do wear contacts [Practicing] with glasses...

I don't know about vision requirements, but you would have to pass the vision test! :)

Hey I'm new to the forum but i just applied for the C/R exam I am excited about it wish me luck.

Good luck!

Well yesterday I spoke to a T/o who was working on the (J) Shuttle, going to Manhattan, so he Told me that I can apply for the C/R and then they wont ask for my HS Diplma that quick, but rather then wait till they hire me, so Im applying :(

he alo told me that its an easy job, retirments from age 55, MaBSTOA vs. TA Side and so on, so we had a gd chat lol...

So Im ready :( :( ;) Freddy!:cool:

thz me boy, yupp gonna pass it :(

Mark,the conductor study guide book was published in 2004. I looked it up in the catalog that they sent me with my order. I ordered the sanitation worker passbook just in case my list # doesn't get called and I have to take the exam in 2011. NLC(Nationa Learning Corp) is based in Syosset,Long Island. They have been around for 40 yrs. Delivery was fast,2 days after I ordered online. They have thousands of passbooks,even one for turnstile maintainer..does that job still exist?

Anyway it has hundreds of questions with the answers keys. Good luck kid on the CR exam. Believe in yourself. :(

Mark,the conductor study guide book was published in 2004. I looked it up in the catalog that they sent me with my order. I ordered the sanitation worker passbook just in case my list # doesn't get called and I have to take the exam in 2011. NLC(Nationa Learning Corp) is based in Syosset,Long Island. They have been around for 40 yrs. Delivery was fast,2 days after I ordered online. They have thousands of passbooks,even one for turnstile maintainer..does that job still exist?

Anyway it has hundreds of questions with the answers keys. Good luck kid on the CR exam. Believe in yourself. :D

Man Turnstiles too?? wow:eek:

and Yes C/R exsits, why wouldnt it

Well yesterday I spoke to a T/o who was working on the (J) Shuttle, going to Manhattan, so he Told me that I can apply for the C/R and then they wont ask for my HS Diplma that quick, but rather then wait till they hire me, so Im applying :D

he alo told me that its an easy job, retirments from age 55, MaBSTOA vs. TA Side and so on, so we had a gd chat lol...

So Im ready :D:P:D Freddy!:cool:

They only ask for your Diploma when your called down to 180 Livingston for PreEmployment.

Archived