Forum Improvements Being Made?

CenSin

Question

Oh my God! The forum is changing before my very eyes. [list=1] actually causes numbers to show up next to my list items now! For the past day or two, it seemed as if the forum's layout was bugged since everything was being laid out in a top-to-bottom fashion.

Is the forum being improved over the next few days?

cIGY14R.png

10 answers to this question

Freshly-installed Chromium on Ubuntu also exhibits this behavior. But guess what all the non-working setups have in common? AdBlock Plus!

So I disabled AdBlock Plus on Chromium and then installed AdBlock. I checked all of the boxes and refresh the page to find that this also caused the same issue. Unchecking each box one by one, I found that disabling Fanboy's Annoyances (removes annoyances on the Web) fixed the issue.

IfLzUPD.png

I went back to AdBlock Plus on Firefox and played around with the filter preferences. Apparently, disabling Fanboy's Social Blocking List fixes the issue. So now I can block social media buttons (which secretly track what websites people are visiting) in Chromium, but I can't do it in Firefox.

l0z9238.png

In that case, please correct the numbers and bullets not show up next to the list items. I haven't rebooted the router, and it looks like I won't need to because my computer is the only one exhibiting the problem. I'll reboot and see if it's just a temporary problem on my end.

It should be noted that only NYCTF gives me this problem currently. No other sites are exhibiting strange behavior.

A reboot did not fix anything. A quick check on a different computer running Windows 7 and Waterfox (a 64-bit build of Firefox) exhibited the same problem.

Where it doesn't work:

• Firefox on Ubuntu using my home network
  • Waterfox on Windows 7 using my home network
Where it does work:
  • Internet Explorer on Windows 7 using my home network
  • Google Chrome on Ubuntu
  • Firefox (Windows version) on Ubuntu running under WINE
  • Firefox on Android using my home network
  • Firefox on Android using Verizon wireless
It's obvious that the problem is not network-related, but browser-dependent.

Edit: CenSin, I have a hunch its a network related problem pertaining to the ISP concerning bandwidth. I had problems in the past similar to peacemak3r on occasion and it was definitely a bandwidth problem on my end. I called the ISP after realizing it wasn't my browsers, and it turned out techs were servicing my line. 

If this was a problem that occurred out of the blue after a period of good functionality with all your devices on current browsers then that must be it - connectivity issues as Harry and peace stated. However if its the case that you recently installed new browsers on some of your devices and are now experiencing this problem as you described then yes as Brett stated its a browser issue.

Archived