American journalist Steven Sotloff beheaded by ISIS militants in shocking video - NY Daily News

realizm

15151073675_21022c3e42_b.jpg

BY JAMES WARREN , CORKY SIEMASZKO
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 1:19 PM
Updated: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 6:07 AM

The barbarians have butchered another American journalist and threatened to do the same to a defenseless Brit — a pair of menacing acts met by silence from President Obama.

The Islamic State released another horrific video Tuesday that shows the beheading of 31-year-old Steven Sotloff.

“I’m back, Obama, and I’m back because of your arrogant foreign policy towards the Islamic State because of your insistence on continuing your bombings,” the English-accented executioner known as “Jihadi John” says as he holds a knife to Sotloff’s neck.

“Just as your missiles continue to strike our people, our knife will continue to strike the necks of your people.” Then, as the reporter struggles to get off his knees, the killer starts sawing at his neck with a knife.

The final scene shows the murderer threatening to do the same to a captured British citizen, David Haines. Like Sotloff, he is clad in orange.

“We take this opportunity to warn those governments that have entered this evil alliance of America against the Islamic State to back off and leave our people alone,” the executioner says.

Read more: Source

I've watched a video of Nick Berg being beheaded which I will not post here because its too horrifically graphic for kids to even see. Seriously it is a sadistically cruel way to die. 

Scientists believe that the brain actually stays alive for about 30 seconds if the person is beheaded, one can only imagine the nightmarish things going through the victims mind. Certainty unnerving to even read this article.

I will highlight the fact that George Bush in part instigated this problem with the terrorists trained by the CIA (Al Qaeda) in the Soviet Afghan war under the Reagan administration. Shortly after the CIA was done with Afghanistan and the muhadeen against the Soviets, the militias tried to bomb the world trade center but failed. Unfortunately they succeeded on the second try on 9/11.

The unfortunate truths about war.

As I were saying the problems in the Middleeast goes back for decades from the late stages of the Cold War onward. Really IMHO ultimately its really the Reagan administration and later the Bush administration that ultimately set the whole chain of events off using the Muhadeen for the sake of fighting communism when the Soviet Union was active as a superpower. Then it backfired ultimately with Al Qaeda bombing the WTC first in 1993 which failed then in 2001 which was a catastrophy of lives lost in a brutal terrorist attack .  

Obama? Yes he made diplomatic mistakes but he did not start the war on terror! Thats a major misconception of the American public that are not part of the generation that lived during the years of the Cold War where the muhadeen was concerned.

I figure the president would be smart enough to come up with one, am I wrong.

Its to a degree miscommunication on all levels of US government and military. For one thing we have CIA SOD and US Military special forces (Delta Force, Navy Seals etc) out there providing intelligence and carrying out top secret missions then reporting to the US Congress, Secretary of State and the President of the US. Many times the CIA f**ked up and misinformed the nations leaders on what is really going on leading to the dilomatic mistakes we see here.

The US is not exempt. Through the course of history many nations outside the US made incredibly stupid mistakes. In fact in a different situation in the Ukraine, Russia is making incredibly stupid mistakes shooting itself in the foot. Much of the reason could be miscommunication between the FSB, Spetnaz and the ex-KGB agent who is now the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin. (As well as internal conflicts of interests inside Moscow between the different parties for all we know)

As I were saying the problems in the Middleeast goes back for decades from the late stages of the Cold War onward. Really IMHO ultimately its really the Reagan administration and later the Bush administration that ultimately set the whole chain of events off using the Muhadeen for the sake of fighting communism when the Soviet Union was active as a superpower. Then it backfired ultimately with Al Qaeda bombing the WTC first in 1993 which failed then in 2001 which was a catastrophy of lives lost in a brutal terrorist attack .  

Obama? Yes he made diplomatic mistakes but he did not start the war on terror! Thats a major misconception of the American public that are not part of the generation that lived during the years of the Cold War where the muhadeen was concerned.

I agree...Obama definitely didn't start the war...Just cleaning it up it seem's....IMO

Archived