Parking and coming from Westchester

nabeel

Hey guys,

I hope this is the right forum to ask this in - I'll be drivin down to the subway, from Yorktown. I'd rather not take Metro North, since I'll have to transfer to a subway anyway from Grand Central, and it's faster to drive down to the subway (half hour to get to the Croton station, vs 40 min to a place for the subway).

My question is - I'm looking at the Van Cortland Park station. Is there parking around there? Where I can just park and hop onto the subway? I'm going to check it out soon, but hopefully someone has some pointers. Or another place which is reasonable? I saw Woodlawn, but its a metro north parking station, and the subway is a few blocks walking (that's ok), but I don't think parking is for non-residents. I'd like to get to Times Square/Bryant Park, since that's closest to where I'll need to be.

Thanks guys!

Nabeel

Excellent, I'll check it out soon. Is it safe? I heard it's in the "richer" area so it should be okay.

And thank you!

Now Im checking google map and I dont see much of a parking lot, i could of swarn I saw one being built near the one train

Not sure about richer area

what i suggest you do it go to http://maps.google.com

and put this in the search box:

Parking lot in the bronx

It's catch as catch can but I've parked under the el around 238th to 242nd without problems. Caveat is that it was on a weekend.

It's my opinion that it's good to drive into the city once in a while to remind oneself how convenient our commuter rails are around here :D

It's Riverdale, it's a good neighborhood. If you're willing to walk a bit, drive north on Broadway then take a left after the curve and there is plenty of parking on those side streets. The parking lots are usually reliable, but depending on where you go a lot of them is customers only, so if they actually check and make sure it could be problematic but usually they don't

Thats my 2c...

It's Riverdale, it's a good neighborhood. If you're willing to walk a bit, drive north on Broadway then take a left after the curve and there is plenty of parking on those side streets. The parking lots are usually reliable, but depending on where you go a lot of them is customers only, so if they actually check and make sure it could be problematic but usually they don't

Thats my 2c...

Thanks sound good, I will do that today. I figure if I get there around 815-830 there should be spaces, since it's early enough (I think...)

Any other places aside from VanCort where I could "Park-n-Ride"?

I'm gonna check out Woodlawn as well, but it doesn't have to be the most northern point. I'm gonna look through that GMap thing as well, but staying outside the city is easiest... minimal city traffic.

There is a massive parking garage being built, on B'way next to 242st station. I have seen people using it, but they are still doing some work outside of it for now. There is parking along B'way alongside VCP, especially on the weekends, but it depends on the time you get there. This will determine a long or short walk to the subway, or a park then Bx9 ride a few blocks to the train.

Honestly I would just take MNRR to 42st, and walk to TSQ and Bryant Park......

Archived