Riverdale politicians renew calls on MTA improved local bus service

Via Garibaldi 8

You don't know much about your (local bus)residents it seems. There have been plenty of proposed changes to that area over the course of 7 years and they(Riverdale residents) were the ones that always bitched about it including slight reroutes that would improve overall traffic flow. They've petitioned for more buses, and ironically, it's these extra buses that's causing even more delays and problems.

As for the other part. I thought so too, but I guess not. I always said that they needed to expand the sidewalk space for the buses.

The point is that Kingsbridge isn't as vocal as Riverdale (in part because they aren't as involved and don't have as much political clout - Riverdale is heavily represented), and the only reason Riverdale residents would be vocal about that area is because it affects them directly since that is not Riverdale, but rather Kingsbridge. The cab situation is complicated because often times late at night, it is Riverdale residents using them from the 231st street station.  Women in particular have expressed safety concerns about having the cab stand moved elsewhere.  

I don't ride the local buses regularly, but I do follow the transportation meetings that we have here with the Community Board, so I am kept abreast of the issues that way and through our local newspapers.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived