MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/4/2023 at 4:04 PM, FLX9304 said:

I was close though. Missed by 7 buses. Plus, some of the 3000s on their last licks made it to Charleston a week before the takeover of (SIM23) & (SIM24) 

I forgot about that.` The ones transferred to CHS never got re-labeled. I'm not sure they ever tracked with Charleston on MyMTA or TransSee.

10 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

I forgot about that.` The ones transferred to CHS never got re-labeled. I'm not sure they ever tracked with Charleston on MyMTA or TransSee.

The latter one. MyMTA didn’t have that system until 2014, but I do believe other transit apps had dem for a while. 

3982 has been repaired and restored in service after a tow truck bumped the front of the unit causing front damage but replaced with Farebox placed back. Was unknown until last week that the bus was repairable. 

* 3266 reflected on the roster has been at Eastchester for the past two months dropped off from Yonkers and used as a parts bus. 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, Nonaggression said:

is 3662, 3664, 3687, 3746 retired all units haven’t ran in a long time 

For now, they are still at JFK at the parking lot spot or inside the depot. JFK does keep units out for a while for heavy maintenance to go back in-service or rotation for swing duty. They still have working fareboxes unless it changed recently but for now, they are active out of JFK unless it has changed later on. 

Edited by Calvin

8 minutes ago, Calvin said:

For now, they are still at JFK at the parking lot spot or inside the depot. JFK does keep units out for a while for heavy maintenance to go back in-service or rotation for swing duty. They still have working fareboxes unless it changed recently but for now, they are active out of JFK. 

Ah thank you 

Units that are still active as of current: 3007 (at College Point depot), 3356 (at Yonkers depot- not at Eastchester scrap), 3702 reflected on the list is a training bus at Zerega facility for now. And 3665 - returned to JFK back in service from ECH  for parts collection. 

Edited by Calvin

3198: ex College Point unit that’s retired has been converted to a holiday break room for MTA crew close by the C.I Yard whenever they have a pop-up selling their antiques.

https://tribecacitizen.com/2023/12/14/field-trip-the-mta-memorabilia-and-collectibles-pop-up-shop/

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0zr3A0vVa5/

Edited by Calvin