Is it better to take the MTA exams as early possible?

jmart10

Filing the first day will not give you a boost to someone filing on the last day.

I dunno

I took the CI exam a few weeks ago and when I was done, one of the instructors said the results wouldn't be out until October after all of the testing is completed.

Didn't expect to hear anything until then, but out of the blue, they called me in last week for lab processing.

I'll tell you one thing, 180 Livingston will make you wish you were at the DMV

What a miserable cag-hole that place is.

• 4 weeks later...

The date and time filed and taken could have an impact on how quickly you are called.

From what I understand and what I've seen during promotional exams when two people score the same (as many do) seniority is looked at to establish a list order.

If it is an open competitive then filling date and time puts one person ahead of another when scoring the same.

Open Competitive Lists are sorted by:

-Test score

-Random # followed by last 4 of social.

The 5 digit result is sorted from lowest to highest to break score ties. Example: 3 people score 100. Aaron gets random number 1 followed by last 4 of social 1157. Bob gets random number 0 followed by last 4 of social 0279. Chris gets random number 0 followed by last 4 of social 4480. List goes: #1-Bob, #2-Chris, #3-Aaron.

Promotional Lists are sorted by:

-Score (which is a combination of test score and seniority)

-Filing date

-Filing time

• 2 weeks later...

Archived