Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

9 minutes ago, Sebby5 said:

Anyone know how long it normally takes after the drug testing to get called for medical/next step?

It depends on your list number. Some people get called within a couple months. Others can wait much longer. Transit drug tests a wide swath of people.

Last known hired as far as I can tell is in the early 8XXX.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning,

I completed the OPA on 5/19/23. I haven’t heard anything back, and I don’t want to start a job and have to quit, so I have just been waiting for MTA for the next hiring process. Do we know how long it can take. Thank you for your time.

20 minutes ago, Katherine K said:

Good morning,

I completed the OPA on 5/19/23. I haven’t heard anything back, and I don’t want to start a job and have to quit, so I have just been waiting for MTA for the next hiring process. Do we know how long it can take. Thank you for your time.

You should take the job while you wait for Transit. Depending on your list number, it might be awhile.

On 7/13/2023 at 7:56 AM, Katherine K said:

Good morning,

I took the OPA in May of 2018 and it took 3 and a half years for MTA to finally get to me. Be prepared to wait a couple of years. 

On 7/12/2023 at 10:38 PM, Sebby5 said:

Ok I went in for drug test/pre process on June 27th, the lady there said it could take between 7 days to 3 months and my list number is in the 8500’s

Yea that sounds about right. In 2021 it took a month after the drug test for them to call me back. When I started the process over this past March, they contacted me back literally 2-3 days after the drug test. It all depends on how desperate they need conductor. A lot of people I took classes with ended up either getting fired, failing, or just voluntarily quit. You may be lucky and they’ll call you soon

49 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

Yea that sounds about right. In 2021 it took a month after the drug test for them to call me back. When I started the process over this past March, they contacted me back literally 2-3 days after the drug test. It all depends on how desperate they need conductor. A lot of people I took classes with ended up either getting fired, failing, or just voluntarily quit. You may be lucky and they’ll call you soon

after the called you back how long was it from then to starting classes?

1 hour ago, goliver28 said:

I took the OPA in May of 2018 and it took 3 and a half years for MTA to finally get to me. Be prepared to wait a couple of years. 

considering the test expires in feb of next year, the waiting a couple of years part isnt correct, at least not for this test 

8 hours ago, Sebby5 said:

after the called you back how long was it from then to starting classes?

So after the drug test, which was March 15th, I went for the medical evaluation on March 22nd. The class was on April 10th. So you can say 2 and a half weeks. There’s always a second class for those who don’t clear medical by the first class date. 

Edited by goliver28

5 hours ago, Katherine K said:

Thank you all for the confirmation. Feel much better. The expiration date is Feb. Praying I will be called before then. Thank you 

Good luck to you! I hope you get it. They’re desperately looking for conductors. In my class alone, literally like 8-10 people are gone. 1 person failed an exam twice, one went back to her old job, one randomly left, another one got fired for showing up drunk, and so on. Most likely you’ll get in. 

On 7/17/2023 at 3:31 PM, Katherine K said:

I believe it’s 11,*** that’s from the 2018 test. I don’t know the results from the OPA

My list was 77## I never thought they would get that far but they did. Currently in school car training. Last week and I'll be on my own. Posting on the different lines was cool get to experience the different terminal end close down. 

Edited by +Young+

On 7/17/2023 at 3:31 PM, Katherine K said:

I believe it’s 11,*** that’s from the 2018 test. I don’t know the results from the OPA

Also try emailing ExamsUnit@nyct.com put your last 4 social, name, DOB, your exam number and your list number. Also the date you took the opa and ask if did you pass or fail.

That's what I did when I wanted to know if I pass and I got a response back saying I did. 

Edited by +Young+