Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Kat77 said:

Hi Amir,

I have not. Still waiting for pre-employment to call us. I was told if have received a letter by now it would have meant you failed. I guess it’s a good thing we didn’t get called yet lol. We passed lol. But now it’s a waiting game 

Awesome! I hope they sent a letter for pre-employment. Phone calls sometimes with these scam calls might not even go thru. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kat77 said:

Hi Amir,

I have not. Still waiting for pre-employment to call us. I was told if have received a letter by now it would have meant you failed. I guess it’s a good thing we didn’t get called yet lol. We passed lol. But now it’s a waiting game 

Did you reach out to someone? I’m going to send them an email see what they say. 

On 8/14/2023 at 10:03 AM, Kat77 said:

Hi Amir,

For some reason I don’t think you’ll be waiting as long as you think. A couple of people that I was in school car with left the job. It looks like they really need more conductors 

12 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

For some reason I don’t think you’ll be waiting as long as you think. A couple of people that I was in school car with left the job. It looks like they really need more conductors 

dont forget there are two promotional conductor exams that theyll need to start calling off as well

12 hours ago, goliver28 said:

From your mouth to God ears. I pray that is the case

9 hours ago, Kat77 said:

From your mouth to God ears. I pray that is the case

I really wish you the best of luck. I really hope you get it. 

1 hour ago, Sebby5 said:

Went for Pre Employment on the June 27th just waiting on the call for medical, I pray it comes soon

Then you’ll be fine. It takes up to 90 days for them to call you for medical. By September 27th you should get a call. They wouldn’t do the pre-employment and stop right there as long as you didn’t fail the drug test 

7 hours ago, goliver28 said:

I really wish you the best of luck. I really hope you get it. 

Then you’ll be fine. It takes up to 90 days for them to call you for medical. By September 27th you should get a call. They wouldn’t do the pre-employment and stop right there as long as you didn’t fail the drug test 

I think it all depends on needs...80-100 new conductor about to graduate school car...and I'm hearing they might bring in another 80-100...Hopefully everyone gets in 

20 hours ago, Elvis Gonzalez said:

I think it all depends on needs...80-100 new conductor about to graduate school car...and I'm hearing they might bring in another 80-100...Hopefully everyone gets in 

So I’ll use an example from back when I was in school car earlier this year. A decent amount of conductors left the job. I literally know 6 people off the bat that left the job and l know more people from the B division left. So those 80-100 conductors will always be less because you’ll always have people who either can’t adjust to the schedule, don’t like the curriculum, getting hired for a higher position at their old job, failing an exam twice, showing up to work drunk, etc…. They need conductors so I feel confident you will get your chance especially if you already took the drug test 

For my class out of 9 it went down to 7. The other A division class literally went down to 2. One person went back to her old job, 1 failed the hard practical twice, one lost his father, one randomly disappeared, another one I don’t even know why she left, and one came to work drunk. So that’s why I say you’ll get your chance. They always need conductors.

3 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

For my class out of 9 it went down to 7. The other A division class literally went down to 2. One person went back to her old job, 1 failed the hard practical twice, one lost his father, one randomly disappeared, another one I don’t even know why she left, and one came to work drunk. So that’s why I say you’ll get your chance. They always need conductors.

This job is definitely not for everybody. I've second guest myself a couple of Times been out of school car for about 3 months, and I'm still adjusting This is a whole different world. It's more than just open and closing doors. People realize that after they get the job. And They bounce it definitely is a lot of responsibility

8 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

Wow okay, thank you 🙏🏽

12 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

not everyone will get their chance unfortunately. that's just the reality of it

Respectfully, for those whose list # is in the 9000s and higher, Id recommend signing up for the october OC conductor exam and even the OC train operator one in december 

13 minutes ago, Darrius said:

This job is definitely not for everybody. I've second guest myself a couple of Times been out of school car for about 3 months, and I'm still adjusting This is a whole different world. It's more than just open and closing doors. People realize that after they get the job. And They bounce it definitely is a lot of responsibility

My guy in the here for you talk to me...you quiet when I see you :(

5 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

not everyone will get their chance unfortunately. that's just the reality of it

Respectfully, for those whose list # is in the 9000s and higher, Id recommend signing up for the october OC conductor exam and even the OC train operator one in december 

Well my list number will expire February of 2024. I hear I can email before then you they can put me back on. I already took the OPA