Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Amir said:

I agree! I did my OPA in May. They took my 25 bucks which isn’t anything but still, why have ppl do all this and they know we won’t get called. It’s just wild, the list is probably going to expire soon because they have the new test coming out. 

You took yours in May 2023 I took mine in Aug 2022 and didn't get a call back till Feb 2023 and then the final process in May. 2023. It takes time trust me. Your time will come what's your list number if u don't mind me asking 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2023 at 12:28 PM, Blu24 said:

I have a quick question. I just did my drug test this week. They’re having a class beginning the last week of September. What are the odds that they’ll call me for that class? this is my second time doing the drug test and will need to complete another medical as well because my first one expired. The problem is I may be going out of the country until the end of this month. The person I spoke to said they’re looking to fill slots for that class so it’s a possibility they’ll call me back. Last time, I waited about a month and a half for a call back. 

Don't miss out on this opportunity. I was out the country and got called for medical and I took a flight back to NY to take the test and took a flight back on vacation before class started. You miss out on this who knows when and if you'll get called again.

4 hours ago, mattbackupaccount said:

I am scheduled to take a OPA next month, so they probably another extension coming up

Don’t think the test expires yet. 

what number they up to ?

I am in 13k area 😭😭😭😭😭

no more extensions for this test. next february it will run the maximum of 6 years that mta civil service exams can run 

7 minutes ago, mattbackupaccount said:

What the point of opa for people not getting reach?

https://ibb.co/k5gJqLz

That’s what I’m not understanding either. This was mentioned before. Unless they’re gonna speed up the hiring process before this exam expires. I just don’t get this at all. I mean I personally know conductors who just started and they either quit or got fired, so I know they’re in need of more conductors now. Best of luck to you and I hope it all works out. 

20 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

That’s what I’m not understanding either. This was mentioned before. Unless they’re gonna speed up the hiring process before this exam expires. I just don’t get this at all. I mean I personally know conductors who just started and they either quit or got fired, so I know they’re in need of more conductors now. Best of luck to you and I hope it all works out. 

Or they got promoted 

to t/o

On 9/16/2023 at 5:45 PM, Mohamed said:

You took yours in May 2023 I took mine in Aug 2022 and didn't get a call back till Feb 2023 and then the final process in May. 2023. It takes time trust me. Your time will come what's your list number if u don't mind me asking 

11***

On 9/16/2023 at 5:45 PM, Mohamed said:

its not exactly fair to tell everyone "your time will come" because realistically for a lot of people it just.....wont

On 9/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, iv93 said:

Morning all just a quick question i just did my drug test recently what email should i look out for in terms of next steps the same as the drug test or will it be someone else? Thanks in advance!

You'll get an email for medical and if you pass that you're basically hired. Or you can get another email for pre employment. (Yes it's normal to do 2-3 more pre-employments/drug test before you get hired)

19 minutes ago, Travis89 said:

Heys guys just a heads up I’m 94xx took the opa in April and they finally called me back for this Friday. Have faith, positive vibes.

Congrats!! If possible what number was it? I’m only asking because these days if the phone does not recognize a number it won’t even ring. So I just want to be on the look out. Thank you & good luck 

3 hours ago, Travis89 said:

Heys guys just a heads up I’m 94xx took the opa in April and they finally called me back for this Friday. Have faith, positive vibes.

If you don't mind me asking, when in April did you take the OPA. My number is 91xx, I took the OPA on April 12th and I haven't heard from anyone. Thanks.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:49 PM, goliver28 said:

Yea the MTA is in need of a lot more conductors,I've been out on the road for about two months now and heard they are doing 2 maybe three more classes.After february that's it.to the people who don't get called the MTA is doing open competitive train operator/conductors exams very soon so ya might wanna look into that 

4 hours ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Yea the MTA is in need of a lot more conductors,I've been out on the road for about two months now and heard they are doing 2 maybe three more classes.After february that's it.to the people who don't get called the MTA is doing open competitive train operator/conductors exams very soon so ya might wanna look into that 

you sure about that? cause theyre starting to send brand. ew crs to do bumblef*ck platform jobs

6 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

you sure about that? cause theyre starting to send brand. ew crs to do bumblef*ck platform jobs

The need for conductors is just talk that I've been hearing,and I'm combining that with how many times I hear rcc over the radio asking conductors to contact crew office if they wanna work extra days,who knows.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:41 AM, Travis89 said:

When in April did you take your OPA, if you don't mind me asking? My number is 91xx, I took my OPA April 12th and I still haven't been contacted.