Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Kat77 said:

My number is 11,5xx and we both took the test the same day, May 19. I am only passed I paid for it. Well, I started working for the post office. But I pray they call you. I am over this though. Good luck! 

Has anyone contacted you? Or did u find out if you passed? 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/28/2023 at 10:32 AM, Amir said:

Has anyone contacted you? Or did u find out if you passed? 

From all the messages I read from the OG’s. There are three classes which holds a 100 students. If we didn’t pass they would have called us right after the test so we passed. The problem is our list number is 11,xxx and they are up to 10,xxx. The three classes are Oct, Nov, and Dec. And if we don’t get called in Nov. we won’t make the last class. And our list expires 2/24. And from what I read there will not be another extension. I am not giving MTA money for another test. I am good. I pray they do call you though. You never know Miracles happen. Good luck!

29 minutes ago, ConductBusiness said:

got my email to go for medical on the dec 5th a couple hours ago

they said class starts dec 11th in the letter

things moving fast.. anyone else in the dec 11th class 

what should i expect the first week of conductor school? all classroom or we gonna be training on trains immediately 

The very first day is going to be orientation. The second day you’ll meet union reps. You’ll have multiple people explaining things you can benefit from like 401(k) & all those other things. Also at some point you’ll meet a few TSS(train service supervisor) and you’ll get your pass ID. The third day and onward it’ll be classroom & trains. I believe on the 4th day you’ll be walking on the tracks and climbing onto the train in the Coney Island yard

2 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

The very first day is going to be orientation. The second day you’ll meet union reps. You’ll have multiple people explaining things you can benefit from like 401(k) & all those other things. Also at some point you’ll meet a few TSS(train service supervisor) and you’ll get your pass ID. The third day and onward it’ll be classroom & trains. I believe on the 4th day you’ll be walking on the tracks and climbing onto the train in the Coney Island yard

damn thats it for the first 2 days? are those all day events or is it like a 4 hours then u go home

is training every day in coney island or different spots? 

im excited to be here been a long journey 

29 minutes ago, ConductBusiness said:

damn thats it for the first 2 days? are those all day events or is it like a 4 hours then u go home

is training every day in coney island or different spots? 

im excited to be here been a long journey 

Every day will always be 8 hours. You’ll have a bunch of people talking to you those first 2 days. There’s A LOT of information they’ll be explaining to you trust me. The last 3 days in that first week will be at that school ps 248. After that first week you’ll be at different locations each day. You’ll spend a few hours in the classroom and then a few hours on the train. 

i can imagine the long journey to be here. Congratulations and best of luck to you! 

Edited by goliver28

1 hour ago, ConductBusiness said:

what should i expect the first week of conductor school? all classroom or we gonna be training on trains immediately 

What # are u on the list , cause I did my pre- employment nov 3

Edited by Ryan98

On 11/30/2023 at 10:34 AM, ConductBusiness said:

yeah did mine on the 19th got called in november 2nd for pre-employment now im just waiting to get an email to go to medical 

What number called you? Also what’s your list number? With all these scams idk what’s what. SMH 

1 hour ago, ConductBusiness said:

Who send the email? So I can also look out for emails.? Thank you 

12 hours ago, goliver28 said:

Correct

57 minutes ago, ConductBusiness said:

do u have the memorize every stop during training?

what would u say is the hardest part of training ?

youll learn all the stops as you keep working dont worry about that.

Id say the hardest part is memorizing all the steps on how to cut out doors abd isolate cars during both practicals

59 minutes ago, ConductBusiness said:

do u have the memorize every stop during training?

what would u say is the hardest part of training ?

They’ll provide you a strip map of all the lines and all the stops. For me personally the hardest part was the classroom learning certain terms. For me personally, I learn better and quicker hands-on. I mean it’s not 100% easy hands on but for me it was easier on the train versus the classroom

Edited by goliver28