LIRR station announcers are making $200K a year

Via Garibaldi 8

. I see you totally missed the point and rather jumped on the nonsense express. The examples Truckie gave not only happens in the MTA but in every public sector job. I have neighbors who work for the FDNY and NYPD and the stories they tell me about being accused of something they did not do , because a superior had a hunch or gripe. Its not something that makes you want to look for another job , its just a issue you have in the back of your head even though you know your following all safety procedures and rules. But I don't expect much from two has who never worked in a safety sensitive type employment. Carry on with the poms poms.

Again, who cares?  All those other people in the other public sector jobs you claim this happens in also have no standing at all to complain once they return to work that next day after the first time they've been 'falsely accused', they've given their implied consent that they've weighed the pros and cons and consider this acceptable going forward.  If it's not something that makes you want to look for another job, then who cares? 

In my line of work I bear tremendous liability for what I do, and I take on far more risk and have a lot more too lose than someone who works for a public agency, since the ultimate liability for railroad workers rests on the railroad itself, not the individual person, since you'll always have someone you can try to point your finger at.  But I'm confident in my training and experience, and I consider it an acceptable risk for the work that I do, so you won't hear me complaining on and on about it.

Remember we only take orders and don't give them. The people up top is who you should have your gripe with , not the frontline workers.

Nope, that doesn't fly.  You represent the company you work for in the performance of all of your duties and in everything you do, on and off the job, and therefore, you bear just as much responsibility for the actions of the company you willingly work for and the way your company conducts business as anyone else above or below you.

If you don't like the decisions your company makes or the way your company conducts business, you're free to seek employment elsewhere with a different company that has goals and values that are more aligned with yours.

Again, who cares?  All those other people in the other public sector jobs you claim this happens in also have no standing at all to complain once they return to work that next day after the first time they've been 'falsely accused', they've given their implied consent that they've weighed the pros and cons and consider this acceptable going forward.  If it's not something that makes you want to look for another job, then who cares? 

In my line of work I bear tremendous liability for what I do, and I take on far more risk and have a lot more too lose than someone who works for a public agency, since the ultimate liability for railroad workers rests on the railroad itself, not the individual person, since you'll always have someone you can try to point your finger at.  But I'm confident in my training and experience, and I consider it an acceptable risk for the work that I do, so you won't hear me complaining on and on about it.

Nope, that doesn't fly.  You represent the company you work for in the performance of all of your duties and in everything you do, on and off the job, and therefore, you bear just as much responsibility for the actions of the company you willingly work for and the way your company conducts business as anyone else above or below you.

If you don't like the decisions your company makes or the way your company conducts business, you're free to seek employment elsewhere with a different company that has goals and values that are more aligned with yours.

But that will NEVER happen.  These are the folks that b*tch and moan about their employer and how HORRIBLE they are yet they stay there for YEARS and YEARS and then retire with a pension, something that few and fewer employers offer, but you dare imply that they've got it good and don't realize it. lol

Again, who cares? All those other people in the other public sector jobs you claim this happens in also have no standing at all to complain once they return to work that next day after the first time they've been 'falsely accused', they've given their implied consent that they've weighed the pros and cons and consider this acceptable going forward. If it's not something that makes you want to look for another job, then who cares?

In my line of work I bear tremendous liability for what I do, and I take on far more risk and have a lot more too lose than someone who works for a public agency, since the ultimate liability for railroad workers rests on the railroad itself, not the individual person, since you'll always have someone you can try to point your finger at. But I'm confident in my training and experience, and I consider it an acceptable risk for the work that I do, so you won't hear me complaining on and on about it.

Nope, that doesn't fly. You represent the company you work for in the performance of all of your duties and in everything you do, on and off the job, and therefore, you bear just as much responsibility for the actions of the company you willingly work for and the way your company conducts business as anyone else above or below you.

Again you missed the point. Orders in given as sending trains one or two cars short. Orders in giving taking routes that make no sense. Orders in combing trains that makes it dangerously overcrowded. Thise orders from up top. Orders that commuters angry and asking themselves why they do it. You wrote a essay way off course on what I was explaining.

But that will NEVER happen.  These are the folks that b*tch and moan about their employer and how HORRIBLE they are yet they stay there for YEARS and YEARS and then retire with a pension, something that few and fewer employers offer, but you dare imply that they've got it good and don't realize it. lol

HaHa every week I realize it when I look at my check.

LIRR42 are you going to be my instructor on Wednesday? I would love to have you as a mentor and pick your brain. Lol. Would be a interesting class.

In due time my friend..In due time..

Archived