ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I passed medical and got sworn in I did not receive any kind of pass to ride the subway/bus free. I’ve heard some people received that during the medical process. Maybe they forgot about it ? Or they switched up on how they do things ? I took my picture got finger printed and was told I can leave . I’m confused on when I receive my pass

1 hour ago, TCart said:

When I passed medical and got sworn in I did not receive any kind of pass to ride the subway/bus free. I’ve heard some people received that during the medical process. Maybe they forgot about it ? Or they switched up on how they do things ? I took my picture got finger printed and was told I can leave . I’m confused on when I receive my pass

You get your pass when you get to School Car in CI.

1 hour ago, TCart said:

Just now, TOSironi said:
1 hour ago, TCart said:

Expand  

They'll give it to you when you go to the school. 

12 hours ago, TCart said:

They told me I'd get it our first day in school car

16 hours ago, TCart said:

Your first day you get your EPIC, they still have to enter your info into Oracle when you get sworn in, that's why nobody receives it day 2 of final processing.

Thanks for all the information it’s very much appreciated. You know how it is when yu new and you tryna figure things out and be ahead. I’ll rather be over prepared than under prepared. For anything In life. That’s for sure. Another question they asking me to scan the code to upload my vaccination card and it’s telling me ny birth date/ BSC ID is wrong. Tried numerous amount of times. Will it be a big deal ? I’ll keep trying each day but it’s not working at all but I was able to order my shoes with my BSC ID 

1 hour ago, TCart said:

Thanks for all the information it’s very much appreciated. You know how it is when yu new and you tryna figure things out and be ahead. I’ll rather be over prepared than under prepared. For anything In life. That’s for sure. Another question they asking me to scan the code to upload my vaccination card and it’s telling me ny birth date/ BSC ID is wrong. Tried numerous amount of times. Will it be a big deal ? I’ll keep trying each day but it’s not working at all but I was able to order my shoes with my BSC ID 

You might be too early. I was told we couldnt scan the Vaxx card until the 1st day of employment which is 1st day of class. We have from oct 3 to oct 5.

Edit: Just tried mine and I get the same error. We have to wait until day one of school car

Edited by thegameksk

On 9/23/2022 at 7:10 PM, TCart said:

From anyones personal experience who’s in schoolcar or already went through schoolcar what would you’ll recommend to bring and have on a daily basis ? Weather it’s a notebook to take notes certain kind of bag to carry etc anything 180 don’t tell us to bring ?? Thank you in advance 

Bring a lunch box so many times I ate while my classmates starved. We would get lunch the last 40 minutes of the day a lot

8 hours ago, TCart said:

Another question. For the car owners who drives to schoolcar (ps248) is it easy to find parking in that area ? Or should I just find an alternative and take the train ? 

I suggest you get there an hour early so you can snag a spot in front of the school. Don’t park in the parking lot; you need a transit parking permit for that. There’s decent parking around the area though, so it’s not too bad. Just be prepared to circle around a 1-3 block radius at 6-7am. Make sure you read the signs.

22 hours ago, TCart said:

Another question. For the car owners who drives to schoolcar (ps248) is it easy to find parking in that area ? Or should I just find an alternative and take the train ? 

You won't spend that much time at the school, but unless you're willing to get there by 6:30 AM at the *latest* to ensure that you'll find parking, take the train. There are other classes there, alternate side parking, and housing projects nearby, so it complicates the available spaces. I take the train from Long Island on the days when I report at 7 AM, but drive for the 6 AM report days.

IIRC, your second week onward will mostly be at the yards of the division that you've signed up for.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:50 AM, TCart said:

Plenty of parking just arrive a little early the street cleaning but there's plenty of parking sometimes just a 4 min walk away on a street cleaning day

4 hours ago, Vinnypatron said:

Hey guy, still waiting to get called for medical :( I hate waiting really excited to start. Does anybody know the subject to the email when you get called for medical? Do they also call you like the did with pre employment 

Somebody told me (MTA - Might Take AWhile). I’m on the same boat as you. Waiting to get the call to start. They’ll get to us at some point. We just gotta wait a bit.